Feel like I’ve got still got stitches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

I have a question I hope some of you can help me with. I am 55 and I had a hysterectomy and rectocele repair 7 weeks  ago.  I had my six week check up last week. At the time as well as now I felt like I can feel something rough on the right side, inside of my vagina. And my anus and butt area hurt after I have sit on it for a while. I told the doctor what I am experiencing and she checked me and said I don’t have any stitches and she said I’m all healed up. She checked my anus and did rectal exam and said it’s fine. She released me and said to ease into doing everything. My problem is, the last three evenings my vagina and bottom had been really inflamed and painful but by morning it doesn’t hurt. Also, should I feel like I’ve got something rough inside my vagina???? This is driving me bonkers. Could it be where the stitches were at and the scar that I’m feeling???? Help!! Thank you for any input you can give me. 😊

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

I am 14 wks tvh and anterior repair.. I still had stitches at 7 wks most dissolved by 12 wks but even now have fine internal ones but they don't bother me.

I'm sure they will dissolve but some can linger a bit

I would call your surgeon for his advice on what to do.

May be fun some coconut oil around the vagina and anus to stop any discomfort.

Hope this helpsxx

• Posted

I know that scar tissue e can be very tight until it loosens off.

I was told by my physiotherapist to gentle massage my vagina around scar tissue to get the blood circulating in that area.

It's early days yet hun to feel normal. It can takes months to get back to normal.so plenty of rest and patience xx

• Posted

Oh Jaquetta, just hang in there...you have a bit to go. I did feel what you are feeling at that time post op anterior and posterior repair plus vaginal hernia repair. I am now 2 months and 3 weeks and just last week found dissolving stitches after some discomfort in my lower abdomen and pelvic area. My doctor examined me at one month and said all was good and to return in one YEAR!!!

Also, Mother's Day weekend we had kids and grandkids come for family time and even though my hubby did all the work cooking and everything, I was up and down and walking more than my regular amount so by Monday I was experiencing pressure in the vaginal area and discomfort in lower abdomen. I am pretty sure if I had not found this forum I would be thinking I am the biggest wimp in the world. I am so not sure what these doctors are thinking when they tell us our healing is finished by one month or even two months!!! Just hang in there and take the advice on this forum that you need to continue to rest and take care of yourself regardless of what the doctor tells you. Also, probably best to just ignore the unusual changes that you will experience until...I am hoping for 6 months. Unless, of course, you have serious pain which then you would need to call your doctor. Again, hang in there, Jaquetta, this recovery is definitely not for sissies...and we are all in this togethersmile

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding back to me. I’ll just hang in there. Ugh!!! 😘

• Posted

Hi Jaquetta, I am also 7+wks out (A&P with TOT).  Also released by uro gyn...and as you can see from another similar discussion I started last week...also found internal stitches still easily palpable...despite MD stating that marital relations would be fine (note...i am NO WHERE near ready for that yet).  As the other ladies have shared, we still have a way to go.  

I think the surgeons should have to read these boards so they get a worldview understanding of what the reality is truly like.  

• Posted

ED2018, 

Hello! After I sit some, not a whole lot, during the day, then toward evening I have been having  some burning sensation inside my vagina and sometimes my anus and butt cheeks hurt. It is on the right side of my vagina and anus. Ugh! I don’t know if it’s where I’ve been sewed up or what? 

My husband and I haven’t had sexual relations either (I’m not ready, yet).  But, when we do, what do you suggest for a lubricant? I’d prefer a natural one.  ???  I hope you are feeling better. 😊 Thank you

• Posted

Yes yes yes recall natural organic lubricants.Take a look on website. I use the water based handbook based lub to keep comfortable during day and also for intercourse when readyx
    • Posted

Also virgin coconut oil around vulva and around entrance.x
  • Posted

Agree with welsh girl...I used virgin coconut oil prior to sgy (hysterectomy in 2014) and have used since this sgy to relief burning...will also use for lubricant once ready for intercourse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.