feel like im dying

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 26 yo male 6ft3 competitive cricket player, generally in good health however recently I have been getting heart palpitations followed by panic attacks followed by obsessive worrying about being sick, I can't seem to control it at all, its recently developed into a fear of dropping dead in public, being alone, problems sleeping and been giving me a constant background headache for weeks now, I've had bloods done etc everything came back ok, now I just want to know what's going on with me, I'm scared constantly and everyone just keeps telling me not to think about it which is damn near impossible.

What I'm saying is I need some help or advise on how to deal with this hateful thing,

Thanks kris

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kris,

Sorry you feel that way.

I was the same recently.

I started therapy with fluoxetine 20mg per day and transcendental meditation and after six weeks tomorrow I finally can say that I am feeling slightly better.. it's a hell of a journey but I am glad I started it....

I hope this helps...

A

• Posted

Kris.... Everything u just said sounds just like me and a million others. Anxiety attacks suck. I have been having them since I was in middle school and I'm now 35. U have to learn a coping skill to help u deal with it. I use to stress about having a heart attack. I don't know y but every time I felt any little thing I always thought heart attack. It sucks to have to deal with it but always remember that anxiety can scare the crap out of u but it will not harm u. I know it feels like it is and it's horrible. Have u seen a Dr to possibly get on an anti-anxiety medication ? I take meds And see a psychologist my 16 year old does as well. Anxiety disorders are quite common. More people suffer than u realize so ur never alone. I'm always open to talk on here or privately .
  • Posted

Hello kris

Sorry you are going through this, but it does sound like "classic anxiety".  You may have been under stress without really being aware or it.  If your body has been "tense" for sometime, then these attacks are often the way the brain says "enough is enough...I need to rest"   You do not mention meds yet....you may need a time on them....you will need to find one that suits you, and your GP should help you.  Be assured that many many people experience what you are doing, and this forum is proof.   Keep faith in yoursekf and seek help!  Good Luck.

• Posted

Thanks guys, it does feel like I've every major illness going, I was taking trazodone hydrochloride 50 mg but it gave me worse side effects than not taking it, I have to date convinced myself I have several types of cancer, numerous strokes and several heart attacks, I'm so not used to any of this I train regularly and would be of athletic build in good health you could say, but I'm afraid to go to the gym, I have attacks in college, ask I think about is the mysterious illness that gets me, I know I need to go back to the gp, and will be calling first thing in the mornin. It feels like I'm making a big deal over nothing when I talk about it tho.

Thanks again folks

• Posted

There are several medications u can try for anxiety. If one don't work or the side effects are to bad try another one. Don't give up.
  • Posted

Hi Kris, sorry you are having all this anxiety. if you have been checked out by your doctor and they have found nothing wrong then I'm afraid it is anxiety. It does feel very horrible and a very common classic symptom is feeling yuo're going to die or go mad. Be reassured that neither of these things will happen to you. Go to the NHS Tyne and Wear website where they have a page of on-line leaflets including one on Anxiety. Read it and it will explain the condition and what to expect. It also makes it clear that the symptoms of anxiety, although alarming and uncomfortable, will cause you no harm whatsoever. If it continues go back to your doctor and demand some help, either some CBT therapy(which is very good for anxiety) and/or some medication that should help at least with the sleeping. Either way you will be fine as anxiety is not an illness. It is just your own defense system has been triggered and will need some time to calm down again. The more you worry about it the longer it will continue. Try to allow yourself to feel anxious rather than fighting it. This might seem counter-intuitive but it does work. Fighting it will make it worse. Accepting it will calm it down and it will then go away of its own accord. Good luck.
  • Posted

Do any of you guys get the feelings of dread? This is going to sound weird but I keep getting a feeling my left arm is stopping working and I allways have to check if I have a pulse and my veins will come up, a bit weird but that's what I'm going through atm, also anyone else on flouxetine (prozac? Doc gave me some today to try control this a bit better, anyone any experience of it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.