Feel like my brain is racing

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI

Does anyone have this feeling, like your brain is racing around and you need to keep up with you body.  I woke up this way this morning, I hate this feeling.  I haven't felt good for a couple of days, been feeling nausea's and some having to run to the bathroom.  I don't usually feel so great on Mondays anyway, cause I get anxious about going to work.  I was curious if anyone else has racing thougts?

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello

One of my worst anxiety symptoms is the racing thoughts.

I have learned to control it a bit better by distracting myself or repeatedly telling myself to stop. It was worse when I had just woken up but I got up and tried to get on with the day, not letting it get me down although it did make me really tired.

I used to jump out of bed and get cracking doing something, that helped a lot. The more I'd lie or sit there the more thoughts would race through my head. It took time but I'm slowly getting there.

• Posted

Hi Laura:

Thanks for the reply, this and dizzienss are my worst symptoms.  I have dizzienss probably 4 days a week.  I noticed yesterday I was feeling as if I needed to keep moving, nervousness almost, then this today and of course had a bad hotflash and the dizzy came with it. Thank you, i"m sorry your having this as well, but its nice to have others to talk to about it.

Patty

• Posted

Hi.

You're welcome. Thank you and I'm sorry you're going through this too. I know it can be awful. I always get the nervous feeling, it stops me from getting on with normal things.. And the dizziness comes in when I'm overwhelmed with the nervous feeling. And Im also glad there's others who understand and there's others to talk to... I'm always here if you want to talk.

• Posted

I get this all the time, it's awful. What I have found helpful is calming videos on YouTube. They can really help get you calmed and relax. If you need any help, post on here or send me a PM!

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for the advise, I will try that.  I'm at work so it very hard to concentrate when this happens.  Thanks for speaking with me, it good to know I can talk to others about it.

Patty

• Posted

For sure, no problem. You are not alone.
  • Posted

Yes I too have had the racing thoughts in my head I think that's the worst anxiety symptom ever , I didnt know how to control it , but now reading these comments and replies, I will try the youtude videos, and some calming techniques, because that drives me really really crazy !!!
    • Posted

HI Jenni

I'm sorry your having this, its very annoying.  I also have dizziness and that is the worst for me.  I hope you feel better to.  Thanks for the  reply.

Patty

• Posted

Yes patty I've had the dizziness before also that has passed , and I hope you feel better also , I pray for all of us suffering with the panic disorder and anxiety .
  • Posted

Hi patty yes I also get racing thoughts its awful ive had it for going on four months I feel like it goes that fast sometimes im going to lose my mind

So your not alone i cant offer much help cause im yet to fix myself

• Posted

I mentioned it earlier, but have you looked into YouTube calming videos?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.