feel like s*it

Posted , 4 users are following.

2 & 1/2 days of Flagyl and Sulfatrim and today I feel more pain and just feel worse then I ever have with diverticulitis. Nauseous and weak and more llq pain. Anyone else feel like this? Do I need to go back to my doc? Would love to go to liquids but pills need food. I don't know what to do if anything. Any words of wisdom welcomed.

No fever.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Been there so SORRY 😔! I would call your doctor be very proactive with your issues. If doctor does not call you back make an appointment ASAP with his office manager give her details to get right in! They made me sick but hung in there! I do know what he -- - you are going through so sorry!! Pray it gets better fast for you! I've through it twice with PE mixed in the journey and knee replacement NO fun!! ready for some happy healthy roads! 🙏👍🎉

• Posted

It takes at least 3 days for the antibiotics to kick in... I would give it time. Try puddings they even sell ensure pudding which is like a balanced meal. They also sell ensure plus which is the same except it keeps you weight from dropping the plus takes delicious too. AND of course if pain gets unbearable/bleeding or such get to ER.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. Laying down and resting has made me feel much better. Don't get me wrong still feel yuck but not like I am going to pass out or barf at any second.

• Posted

I, too, experienced negative side effects from the meds I was taking for DD. According to my GI doc, this is common. The drugs are very strong. I was advised to take a probiotic along with the meds to counteract the effects of the meds which kill the good bacteria in our system along with the bad. I was advised by my pharmacist to take a special, strong probiotic, not simply the typical ones on the shelf inasmuch as they are not strong enough given the DD condition. She recommended a refrigerated probiotic which they keep behind the counter. A drawback is that it's very expensive. I've been taking the probiotic along with tumeric for several weeks, and I must say I am totally symptom free. But I've been there before and don't know what the future holds. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now, making sure to drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol, and watch diet.

Keep us posted on your progress.

• Posted

I had forgotten the last time I had these meds I got really sick but the times before not at all. 2 1/2 more days and I am done and I can go back to my dr and get thrush medicine. 😔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.