Feel like there's Food stuck in my chest?

Posted , 4 users are following.

In my esophagus rather.Im 20 and was diagnosed with GERD after my Endoscopy 13 months ago.Ive been taking the medication they gave me but i still get this feeling every time after I eat.The heartburn gets better with the medication but the tightness in my chest doesn't

I feel like i want to burp but cant.Like my esophagus is narrowed.Anyone have this problem too?

im worried if theres a lump in the esophagus or something because i feel like something is blocking it.

0 likes, 4 replies


4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hallo Sober Dober.....i suffer from hiatus hernia...acid reflux..and have done so.for many years...i do understand your concerns with the problem...it can often be quite frightening......when you dont fully understand..what is happening....its not at all.unusual...to.feel...a fullness in the chest cavity after eating...this often happens after a meal when the stomach is full....thus pushing the hiatus futher up...so.the stomach pushes up.towards the chest cavity...if your hernia is of the sliding kind...that pushes up.too....causing the uncomfortable feeling...which can last till.the food has been digested....and it slides back.down......this can be helped by eating smaller meals..more often....than taking one meal....it is not only easier for you to.digest yourfood does not push the hernia upward...the medication...you take....will. Certainly reduce the amount of acid you make....but will not stop your hiatus....from. pushing up wards when your stomach gets full...try to.drink inbetween your meals not with.....little and often....works better with hiatus....hernia.....than large meals...give it a try.....the medications can only treat the acid part. not the actual. hernia...try smaller meals....see if it helps.

    Report Reply
    • Posted

      The thing is the tightness feeling stays with me the whole day.It started about 1 year ago.

      Its "bearable" throughout the day but gets really bad after i eat.

      Report Reply
    • Posted

      If it continues. Go.back.to.your Dr....he will.send you for more tests..to.find out.what exactly is going on.... If you are worried...and its upsetting you r life then ...its better to.go.see your Dr....and let him.arrange further investigation....to.find the cause....then you can get treatment...dont delay....you sound worried...so.get it seen..

      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up