feel low the last few days

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive started walking programme and.hey presto my achilles ruptured.so now im laid up for a while.i want to pig out and forget it all.no no no not the answer.ive given up smoking,drinking,food and feel like a hermit.no friends or social life.im glad ive got this all out.i want to fix on something but know i cant.i feel like screaming.i hate myself today.looked in the mirror and said to myself "YOUR A FAT SAD LOSER"self pity at its worse.oh and on top of this my freind who is an alcoholic and weight is 7 stone constantly reminds me im OBESE.she has all the answers?im p**s*d off big time

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good morning noodles, sorry to here about your achilles rupturing. I am in a similiar situation I've done my plantar thingy in... painful and annoying. But as I can't do lots of walking I've been doing more abdomenal exercises, floor exercises still knackers me out and I'm sure I'm toning something lol! 

Well done giving up smoking, drinking and indulgent food you should be feeling well proud of yourself about that. I gave up smoking this year and only now battling the bulge.

Sounds like you should join a social group, shutting yourself away is not healthy for your mind or body, there is a website called 'meetup dot com' you put in your address and then it will give you a list of clubs, groups, events happening in your area with common interests. 

Also put on some music and have a really really good scream lol! 

I think before the end of the day you should relook in the mirror and list 5 positive things you have done... expressing yourself on here is one thing. Then write down 5 positive things you are going to do over the next week.  My fella is always telling me its all about PMA (postive mental attitude). 

We all have self pity which leads us to the comfort of indulgence... otherwise we wouldn't be on here taking the tablets lol! I have a right day of it the other day arguing with myself the whole time, but got through it with a minimal cheese attack and felt good the next day.

Anyways sorry for the essay...lol! one of my downfalls is I can go on a bit (you would never have guessed) keep positive and keep smiling. :-)

• Posted

Your"friend" would not say such a mean thing if she was a true friend.  Friends support each other not belittle them.

Im going through a hard few days myself atm. 

You have to remember how far you have come.  Even if you don't feel you're doing well just look at all the amazing changes you have made. 

Why don't you try something simple while you're injury heals like small dumbbell - you could do a few reps whilst sitting down and if you Google there are so many variations with just one simple piece of equipment. 

Don't give up - you would regret it.  Think how proud you will feel when you beat this slump and are back to normal without having given in. 

Good luck and stay strong x

• Posted

Hi Noodles,

Sorry to hear about your heel. It sounds painful. I like Claires dumbell idea. All exercise with arms over the head is good for the heart. Just move as much as you can.

Noodles...try some positive thinking. Never call yourself a fat loser as it is just a recipe for depression. Instead, look at yourself in the mirror each day and say `I CAN DO THIS!'. Celebrate every little weight difference that you notice and constantly congratuate yourself for dieting and making positive changes to your life. We know you CAN do it Noodles!

Instead of old habits like drinking, eating, smoking (well done for kicking that one), try hobbies that you wouldn't have tried before. Go Karting, painting, japanese low fat cooking (my hobby at the moment), Something completely different to involve your thoughts. 

Your friend might either think her words are going to make you do some drastic changes and will help you lose weight or think that you can take a joke about your size (like any of us can). You need to sit down and talk with her to explain that far from helping, her words are knocking your confidence. Realistically, addiction to alchohol and food is similar so you should be able to support each other. If she is a good friend then she will listen. 

Good luck Noodles. We are all here to support you through this x

• Posted

Thanks for support.im staying strong.she has been cut off.I dont need abuse.bless yer
  • Posted

What i would say to your 'friend' would not be allowed on the boards so....

erm being an Alcoholic or being overweight? i know which one i would rather be and secondly and least your doing something about your weight.

I'm sorry but your 'friend' is killing herself

• Posted

Hi there, not sure why my post is being moderated. But basically says very similiar to everyone else, although I did go on a bit. lol! Hope you get to read it but try other floor exercises too, abdomens and leg exercises. Stay positve and keep going:-)
    • Posted

Thank you. Im staying put.shes been cut off lol.im doing this.thanks again for support
  • Posted

Keep up the great work that you have begun! You are the captain of your own voyage, let no one take that away from you! 

John

• Posted

Hello Noodles :-)

Somehow you are going to have to dig real deep and find your inner strength!

So you have had a setback, it happens to us all hun, the thing is to remember tomorrow is another day towards your target weight. There are plenty of people that cant walk and never will be able to walk, be thankful that your injury, although a pain is not permanant and niether is your obesity.

Sometimes thinner people have a tendancy to bully those that are on the larger side, with silly and hurtful remarks, but that in itself states a lot about them and how they feel about themselves.

I hope with the suport of this forum you can ingore the insipid remarks regarding you weight from you *friend*  Social life will come hun, its out there waiting for you,as you gradualy loose the weight your confidence will increase and thats a promise x x x

As for no friends- what am I chopped liver? I am your friend so count me in :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.