Feel of something on lower left side

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past two months or so I've been having this feeling of something stuck on the lower left side . It also has a bit of burning sensation. When I press on it I get a bubbling / gurgling noise like bubbles popping. I'm also constipated and stools have been pale . The feeling is so irritated it feels bloated and feel like something is just stuck there , I'm constantly hitting this area..what could this be? I was diagnosis with gastritis , gerd and hiatal hernia. I had an ultrasound done 6 months ago on the abdomen because I complained of right feeling bloated and something stuck. The ultrasound was clear only lots of gas around spleen where could not get a good view of spleen. By the time i did ultrasound the bloated and stuck feeling was gone but seem to move to the left side now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi mary27278

Are you eating food that can cause excess gas such as spicey and fried food and fizzy drinks, brocolli and sprouts....do you eat your food slowly, as eating quickly can cause us to take in a large amount of air. There are meds you can take to alleviate gas and bloat such as 'Windeze' and others, speak with the pharmacist....

• Posted

I've tried just about everything for gas believe me it didn't help. It feels like something stuck in my intestine. My diet is very strict ..i eat nothing spicy, no fried foods, no sweets at all.. I thought maybe it could be diverticulitis?

• Posted

Hi mary27278

I hope i am not appearing intrusive, but how old are you? reason i ask is have you had your ovaries scanned because you may have ovarian cysts, which can cause bloating. I appreciate you have had an ultrasound but it seems only the top part of your abdomen was scanned and it was clear. I once had an ovarian cyst and it felt like it was my intestines as they are in close proximity. Can you ask your doctor to refer you for another U/Sound scan...just in case it is ovary/uterus related ....

• Posted

I'm 53 yrs old and I'm also going through perimenopause so I've been having really weird symptoms anyway. I had an u/s vaginal scan 6 months ago and the side that I feel discomfort I don't have an ovary on that side. I only have one ovary and it's on the right side. My discomfort is the left.

• Posted

Hi mary27278

Perhaps you may need a colonoscopy as you have had an U/S on your ovaries, the feeling of something stuck may be coming from your colon...see your doc and request a colonoscopy on lower left side.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.