Feel really bad on triple therephy

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just starterd triple therapy for hyplori I feel really bad the burning pain is really bad all over top of body and I keep sweating and have muscle pain and a tempature is the antibiotics cause my symptoms to feel worse what were other people's symptoms.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been on the triple therapy about 3 weeks ago,the first three days I didn't feel too good the last three days of the tablets I was starting too feel better, I am now on acid tabs for a couple of months, but I don't feel any acid problems just a pain in my chest now and then hope you pick up in a couple of days if not ring the doctor and let them know x
  • Posted

i have just finished the triple therapy was on them for 7 days the worst 7 days of my life burning pains under my rib cage hot flushes constant headaches and feeling sick constantly still have the pains but not as bad as they where think all the symptoms are side affects as i frightened myself by reading the patient information leaflet inside the tablets. i am hoping that each day i might feel better i would carry on with the tablets and hopefully you may feel better i am also trying the herbal route to get rid of this bacteria hope this helps

• Posted

Hello, I'm experiencing the same sensation and it's only day 3! Just wanted to ask how are you getting on now?
    • Posted

Unfortunately I feel worse after triple therapy I've been left with gastritis this is causing all my pains so until my stomach heals I'm going to be feeling ill.everybody has different symptoms and I get really bad ones 😞 do you have gastritis as well?x

• Posted

Yes I was diagnosed with it as a result of h. Pylori. I feel a constant burning sensation and nothing makes it go away! Have you found any relief? Also how long was your triple therapy? X
    • Posted

No I have no relief I still have the burning pain it burns all the top of my body even up my next and the pain is constant I've had this now for nearly 3 months it wasn't as bad at the start but it feels worse now I also have stiff muscles in my back shoulders and neck.i took 7 day course of triple therapy.I see the consultant next month to see if bacteria has gone I hope so I don't want to go through this again I'm so fed up now my life has stopped because it's making feel really ill.hope u feel better soon.
    • Posted

I also experience the burning and I can't go to work as I can't function! Hopefully you'll feel better soon.. Are you not on any ant-acids in the mean time?
    • Posted

Yes I'm taking 80mg of omperzole a day I've been taking them for a month but they don't help the pain.
  • Posted

Hi Ginette, I have been triple therapy for 4 days now and can say I feel millions better, didn't relise how ill I was before I was dignosed with h p, just put all my simtums down to menapause, it all started with reflux and not being able to swallow, pains in my legs and tierd all the time, bloated and not being able to loose, hope your feeling better now
  • Posted

I've just finished 7 days of triple therapy and been put onto another week as still get this awful knotted, burning pain on left side under ribs, then once this starts it tends to spread and make my whole stomach tender. Have been taking Omeprazole since January when Doctor thought I had an ulcer but it just won't stop hurting so now triple therapy before sending me to consultant. Have any of your symptoms got worse while on this, I know the side effects of the triple therapy can be as bad as the condiiton so trying to stick it out and hope it helps. Getting really fed up with pain now I know that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.