Feel really poorly after very little exertion or lifting

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have fibro and I know it causes widespread pain etc, but I can't lift anything heavy or walk any distance without feeling really really ill, I start sweating I get weird pains all over, down my legs, my bum cheeks, even the soles of my feet, my left arm hurts especially around the elbow, I hear my heart beating in my ears, then I get really really sleepy and I need to wee, is this part of fibro??? So upset, I can't do anything .

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

What are you taking to help your with your pain ? 😘😘😘

• Posted

Hi Donna. I take codyramol. Mirtazipin. Propanalol. I've got a delicate stomach so have to be careful with medication. I really just wanted to know how others feel after doing to much.

• Posted

Thank you Paula hope your having a good day today ❤️❤️
  • Posted

Hey paula46193,  first I'd like to say I totally understand how you feel and what this is doing to you, your body and your mind.most people don't understand what we go through in my case every day...from my personal experience the answer is yes.I have suffered from the age of 7 ,I was diagnosed 3/4years ago at the age of 55.feel free to ask me anything ..

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. Is it normal to feel so ill after very little exertion? I work ful time I struggle but manage to do my work ( with a little help with heavy stuff) but does this feeling happen to others? I'm really interested to hear other people's experiences of how they feel after doing to much?

• Posted

Sorry, yes, this is the 'fatigue' part of fibro. I get the exact same thing. It's difficult to describe the feeling exactly, but 'unwell' sums it up. The advice is to 'pace yourself' which basically means doing a little tiny bit at a time. Obviously this reduces the amount you can get done in a day but that's fibro for you! It's very frustrating. Sorry that you have joined this 'gang' of sufferers!

• Posted

Hi Lesley. Thank you for your reply. Its the pain in my left arm that worries me and the feeling of being out of breath. Its this what happens to you?
  • Posted

Hi Paula, maybe your'e worried that the pain in your arm and the breathlessness could be heart related? You could ask your doctor to check that out for you. But the breathlessness can definitely be fibro. I feel like I'm breathing but the oxygen is not actually getting into my blood stream. Exertion such as walking up the stairs would leave me gasping as if I'd done a 100m sprint, and yes, my heart would be thumping so I could hear it in my head. I did have pain in my left elbow but the doctor said this was related to an old injury. It seems that another thing fibro does is seek out any site of old injury, especially if it's joint related (knees, elbows, hips, shoulders etc) and ramp up the pain there.

• Posted

Hi Lesley. Yes what your saying makes a lot of sense. Its so horrible. I had ecg and heart monitor tests a few years ago and all was ok but I am going next week to doctors to get checked again. I'm a panicker and get anxious very easily. I'm very jumpy all the time. Thank you for taking the time you reply. Take care

• Posted

Sadly that sounds just like me. I suffer from all the same things. When I first 'got' IT, I was walking every day. Some days I could walk for half an hour, other days I would be sooo exhausted after 10 mins, I did not know how I was going to get back home. I would have to sit down and watch the world go by till my energy returned. You do have to learn to pace yourself and reassess what you do in life and do everything slower. Mentally it does still drive me mad some days, but physically I can still manage to do what I enjoy at a much slower pace.  Don't give up, find other less physical activities you enjoy and always know where all the public toilets are when you are out.confused

• Posted

Hi flutterbie. Thanks for replying. I'm now beginning to realise its not just me!! Its just the overwhelming feeling of my body closing down after I've over done it slightly that I struggle to come to terms with. Its so scary!!! Take care

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your  pain. I have funny places with pain especially my left arm  !! I have started taking cbd from Holland and Barrett.  Hopefully that will work 🤞 look it up. A lot of people swear by taking it,  the HB customers reviews are interesting. Good luck. 

• Posted

Yes the same with me I makes soy wax candles from home I used to be able to smash out lots of batches now I’m lucky if I can do two my back shoulders elbows knees are my worst and yes what the ladie said in one of the comments fibromyalgia attacks old injuries well that’s what it is doing tome with out my pain medication I would not be getting out of bed ❤️
  • Posted

Hi to all,most of you will be woundering how did this happen to me and when will it go/stop,unfortunately it's not going stop it will in most cases get progressively worse (for most) unless you find medication that works for you,this is a lottery as even the doctors(most can't be bothered to find out about it and make you feel that it's all in your head) don't know Anything about it.I was sent to a pain clinic which helped by giving me an assortment of tablets but these are experimental and very powerful......after years of taking these tablets and now being at the max dosage I started to look into fibromyalgia and the cause well it will blow your mind......this along with ms,Parkinson and most cancers are caused by man made particals in the air and in our water you can find out more by using utube,that's why nobody knows what fibromyalgia is or how it works.....also check out heavy metal that could be in your body causing this life wrecker

Best of luck to all 

• Posted

Hi Kev I’ve sent a reply with my email address but it won’t get sent you for some reason I would love to know some more info you sound like you’ve done lots of investigations on fibromyalgia I’ve just recently been diagnosed on pain meds just ordered some hemp oil but would love to know what you have learnt I don’t know how to privately I’m box you so fingers crossed they will let my other reply go through if you don’t want to email me what you’ve learnt that’s ok too thank you for the info 🙏

• Posted

Hi Donna how are you managing,can't swop details on this site but would love to answer any questions you may have,that goes for anyone who reads these messages 

• Posted

Yes they deleted my reply with my email address 

Thank you for your reply Kev I’m seeing a Rheumatologist on the 9th of April my gp is awesome he put me on a different Antidepressant and stronger patches for my menopause and stronger pain meds well one packet of 10mg and one packets 20mg OxyContin due to my back being my worst part of my pain I’ve ordered hemp oil 

Just wanting to know what you take now and what you’ve found out on investigations on fibromyalgia I’m only new to this but now I can look back I think it probably started about 2years ago when my anxiety and insomnia started from no where but they put that all down to menopause but I was 45 then now 48 this year 

Just would love to know what you do lol you sound like you’ve done lots of research and knowledge is power 

Thank you again ❤️❤️

• Posted

Knowledge usually is power. I felt the need to research this horrible problem for the first year I had Fibro. Then my best friend got cancer. That made me reassess the cards I had been dealt with. I still wake up every day, to enjoy my family and the world around me. It was timely for me.

?That made me accept the health problem I now have, reassess what I was doing with my life, and just get on with it. That was 22 years ago. I was 46 at the time. You can readjust your life to live with this awful problem.

?I understand your need to do research, but I do hope you reach the point where you concentrate more on yourself and finding new ways to enjoy life. 

?I was going to stand up and make the Doctors listen. Yeah right confused?. Reality is, my energy levels were at a new all time low. If you new 'sufferers' can do it, then I will support you all the way !!!!. But look after yourselves too.

?You can interact with others on this site without putting info on this open forum. Go to the top of the screen - right hand side - next to your names - it says inbox - I think you make contact with each other thru that and share info privately.

?ps my friend with cancer lives on. (Drs said there was no hope) Her daughters did research on google - she only lives on because of what they found on the web.

?Take care all

?

• Posted

Look on utube before you take any more Medes let me know how you get on ,having trouble with iPad can't write a lot before it deletes itself😩

• Posted

My journey from fibromyalgia 😄Really hope this video help it's an eye opener love chatting with you must sort this ipad😬??

• Posted

It's mainly about our diet... what's in our food is 90% of the problem and they know it,maybe not the gp's but it's not rocket science, they are just lazy and put more emphasis on missing appointments than on treating you,most treat the symptoms NOT the cause, that way the pharmaceutical companies  continue to profit and make sure this is the case

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.