Feel shocking!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So after 8 weeks on this venlafaxine (2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150mgs and 4 weeks 225mgs) , I found out today that it’s been totally prescribed wrong!! I’ve been prescribed immediate release to be taken ONCE a day instead of divided doses of 2-3. So been taking 225mgs rapid release once a day in the morning which has a half life of 5 hours. Been feeling exhausted, flu like symptoms, headaches and just been staying in bed or coming back to bed as I felt so rough. After speaking to a pharmacist about my side effects he picked up I was taking it IR once a day. Now changed  to prolonged release which is one a day lasting 24 hrs. Im on day 2 of prolonged release and still feel rubbish. Do you think it will take a bit to adjust and stabilise? And for side effects to go away? I could do with some advise/reassurance as I feel s**t! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You've been on a real roller-coaster ride as regards serum level so it isn't surprising you feel off.

I expect a few days will stabilise this. See how you are in a week, then you can consider how the dosage is working for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.