Feel so depressed and hopeless

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know what to fking do anymore, I have never felt so horrible. I feel so different in myself like I physically hate who I have let myself become I don't even recognise myself I literally feel like this is not me at all, I am so sick of everything now I've never felt so alone and so sad. I'm a 15 year old girl, why do I question everything about myself and life I'm anxious about everything to do with life and it's making me feel so depressed I just don't see the point of anything it's not me at all I don't know what I've become I just feel so horrible and don't know what tto do anymore I feel like there's no way out :'( 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi baby,

I know it's really hard. I'm not sure how long you had anxiety, but what it sounds to me like is your anxiety is fairly new, correct me if I'm wrong. If your anxiety is fairly new I would say that it's really hard in the beginning because it's such a big life change, but it does get better. If it's not the beginning of your anxiety, then maybe has something to do with you being so young and I'm not sure if you've gotten your period yet but being a girl could definitely add to the stress of having anxiety because of all of our extra hormones during our menstrual cycle and stuff. Even if you're too young and haven't got your period yet, when you're so young you tend to have higher emotions and hormones going on. Have you talk to a therapist or psychiatrist or doctor about any of this? How about your parents or guardians? If you haven't talk to anybody about it I would suggest that you do because the sooner you get help the sooner you can manage anxiety. I know what you feel like though, when I first started having my anxiety I felt hopeless too. I also did not like who I became, I was actually afraid of who I became, because I was afraid I was going to be like that for the rest of my life. I was afraid that I was going to always have severe debilitating anxiety and not live a normal life. I felt stuck, but I got over it. And sure I still have some anxiety here and there, more anxiety than the normal person, but I feel like I am going to get better and that I'm not stuck anymore. I'm not hopeless. And I feel like I can and do live normal life again. I just want you to get over the slump. It makes me sad hearing other people with such bad anxiety. Especially you since you're so young. I am in University to be a teacher, you're old enough to be my student , I hope when I'm a teacher that I can help students that may have anxiety. I know what it feels like. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. The best advice I would give is to talk to somebody about it and if you don't already have a therapist to get one because that is the number one thing that helped me. I would also suggest learning how to do breathing techniques if you don't already know how, journaling can help, anxiety books can help, and whatever you think would be best to relax you. If you need to chat or anythingfeel free to message me.

• Posted

Tanya, there is always light at end of tunnel, u r right it isnt u it is all part of it feeling that way and we all feel that nothing will make us feel better, there is help have u seen ur gp? Or anyone? there is help that can guide u and u can will feel better. It takes time but u will get there. It can b hard at ur age well any age actually as your hormones my daughter is ur age and went through the same thing as have i. she was raking internet for answers and came up with own diagnosis and made her worse when she finally told me we worked thru as i get anxiety we decided to have councelling and it has helped. Keeping loved ones or anyone close to u close and talking to them when feeling dwn helps and regular exercise helps stimulate and feel more positive about urself. I promise u will not feel like this forever. here if u ever need a chat xxx
    • Posted

Hi would I be able to message you? I just don't know what to do xx
  • Posted

I msged u darling but dnt no if it gne thru

• Posted

U can msg anytime time lv. I no it isolating in beginning i cant tell you how many of us feel it wont get better but we all been proven wrong. my daughter happy to talk to u aswell she 15 she will give you guidance as you maybe able to relate but im happy also to help i anyway you think i can darling. So yh msg anytime u like. You going in right direction already by being on here recognising how you feel and talking about it. So thats first step x
  • Posted

Hi dear,

This is a tough time you are going through, but it is also a time of a great opportunity to bring oneself out of the black hole and become stronger within.

Have you tried doing positive affirmations? Louise Hay books/videos are wonderful, she herself is like a shining sun! That was the way out for me, I was depressed for a long time, had no drive in life, and only when I started changing myself internally and having a greater focus on what I think is what I create that's when everything changed, I simply understood that if I wanted to get happy I had to start thinking positively about everything especially myself, I had to start loving, approving, cherishing myself as much as possible.

Just that you know, you are a beautiful and wonderful person, loved by many, you are strong and everything will be okay!

• Posted

It is so hard when you feel like something is either changed/broken/gone inside of you I can't pin what is making me feel so sad, I think I'm just fed up of the anxiety! Is she on youtube? I try reading Tony Robbins and thankyou means so much x
    • Posted

Oh I totally know that one! And that's exactly the part that is missing, the love spark, you not gonna get it anywhere back but from within yourself. I know it is very tough to think anything positive during this time, that place seem empty, you are sick of being scared, there is just so much weight with all of it. You will need to do a bit of emotional work with yourself, which is super easy and yet very hard because you need to bring yourself to do it, the most important step is to want a change, a will to change. If you are scared of life, things that you will need to face you will need to approve of yourself, that if you make a mistake or if someone hurts you or you don't pass an exam you are still a wonderful loving person inside.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.