Feel so guilty for the mistakes I made in an old job which got me fired? Please help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys

I I hope you are all well. this question is one out of us before but recently remembered it again and it seems to be worrying me terribly.

so-called took a long story short I'm 27 I'm doing my degree I took a part-time job as a waiter in a s**t pub. in this workplace I was treated terribly by fellow colleagues but just coped with it.

during the strobe I was warned several times about inappropriate flirting with female customers and also accidentally delivering an inappropriate joke about being homophobic even though I'm not which I realise is an awful mistake.

this this was about 3 years ago and other sins I have been terrified that I may endure consequences in the near future.

as i am type 1 diabetic the running around with that drop made my blood sugars drop suddenly and I feel that it cause me to behave inappropriately somewhat.

what what do I do in to end the guilt and fear of a possible accusation in the future as I really am deeply sorry for what I did but I worry nobody will understand or believe me.

thanks thanks for any support or advice.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have to agree with Lester. Stop obsessing about this and move on. Whatever you do you cannot change the past. Just learn from it.

I wonder if this is a result of other problems in your life and you have latched on this one event instead? x

• Posted

hey hypercat

thanks for the reply and support.

whatever the reason thats not what worries me though. its more the fear of in the future someone remembers and makes allegation against me.

i know it sounds far-fetched but with reading the papers on successful people being proven guilty of accusations in the past it just made me fear if u know what mean.

• Posted

Well unless you are so successful that you make the papers I doubt very much why anyone would want to bother making accusations against you! If anyone makes allegations against you then just deny them. It would be their words against yours after all. x

• Posted

yes i suppose thats true. but the only thing that worries me is if there were any accusations there is evidence from the customer complaints.

i think i just need to accept what happened as a learning experience as hard as it is x

• Posted

Well what did you do that was so awful? You didn't kill or harm anyone did you? So you did inappropriate flirting and made a silly joke! You will not be the first by any means or the last to do this. You are not going to be slung into prison with the key thrown away you know! x

• Posted

Those who live in the past don't understand the present and have no future. If you are worried about being successful in the future bear in mind that if anyone brings up your past it is because they resent your success which they have not achieved. Nothing to worry about.

• Posted

thanks lester you r right in that for sure. However what worries me is when i am guilty of what i did, if i was to get called up on it later it would count as sexual harassment which is very serious.

the other issue is the fact it was such a silly and difficult phase i was going through at the tome that when i look back cant believe i did that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.