Feel so sick :-(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, this is all very new to me and hoping that someone can fill in the symptons that are not discribed on any health site. I am waiting for an appoinment for uology as my GP diagnosed a bladder prolapse. Which explains lots of things which have been going wrong. One thing i noticed that is never mentioned or i have just missed it, 'I feel so sick' with the pressure. Ive been tested for an infection that came back ok, this time, last year i had loads of bugs there.......im uncomfortable the whole time, expcially when i lean forwad or sitting down, not underneath but in front of the pelvic bone. Please someone tell me you have the sickness too!!! I'm hating every moment of this :-(

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I am sorry to hear you feel so grim. I wonder if your sickness could be a kind of nausea caused by nervousness that the situation has generated? I seem to remember feeling very panicky about seeing the Consultant for the first time, and yet once I had seen him I felt more reassured. I think sometimes when we are worried we can have that ongoing sick feeling, like when we know we have to sit an exam or maybe deal with a difficult situation. I do hope you will take comfort from this website because to some extent or another we have all either been there and in my case am still 'there'. Try to relax because I am sure your Consultant will come up with some suggestions for how your case can be resolved. I know it isn't easy for you though and I do wish you the best of luck. smile Maybe as a precaution you could ask your GP to just check you out fully for any other infections which may have blown up since your last test? Sometimes they can lurk and not show up at first. Take care.
    • Posted

Hi Pam, thanks for your reply. I am very fortunate to have a fantastic GP who has checked everything. Its not a nervousness feeling, I really do feel very nauseas, it happens when I get very heavy pressure. Once i've been to the loo it goes for a while and when all the pressure feeling builds up it starts again. I am a relaxed person and take everything in my stide. Had lots of ops 'down there' due to hysterectomy 3 years ago, followed by a gall bladder op.....but this situation makes me feel very unattractive and down. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Amanda Hmmm... well I just don't know what could be causing it because I haven't had anything like that connected with going to the loo and pressure. I hope someone else can help you here, at least with this site we can share our experiences. All the very best to you and I do hope you get some good advice from someone here. x
  • Posted

Hi Amanda,just to put your mind at rest,I am waiting for further surgery for a prolapsed bladder and have nausea that comes and goes with pressure pain when sitting and pain when leaning forward,it really gets you down,I bought a special cushion which has cooling gel in the centre which helps and is handy to put in the car as well,also you can buy inexpensive gel microwave hot packs that are small and fit in your underwear(I use mine for the pressure pain in my back).I found it very handy last time to keep in touch with my gynae/urology surgeons secretary so you are kept in the picture as to how long you will be waiting for an appt.Please keep in touch and I hope you get your appt soon,take care.
    • Posted

Hi Diane, Thank you so much for this reply, i was starting to think i was becoming paranoid as I have'nt heard anyone else mention this......Its so uncomfortable isnt it! I am a tummy sleeper too and its making it difficult to get comfortable at night :-(  Im flying off on holiday next week so i will try and get one of those packs for the journey. Thank you x

• Posted

Hi Amanda,just wondered how you are,have you had your appt through yet? x
    • Posted

Hi Diane

Nice to hear from you :-) Im going on 31st October.......I've had on and off good and bad moments with this .Something i have noticed which has got worse is a bowel pressure, finding it hard to go! and then the feeling I havnt finished!!! I dont know if this is normal!! anyway I will update when I've had my appointment. I hope you are well x

• Posted

Hi Amanda,how are things with you?Have you been put on the waiting list for surgery.

My prolapse symptoms are getting worse,the bladder prolapse is now stage 3 and sitting is becoming more and more difficult,having daily problems with bm's and bowel pressure,still having to use peristeen anal irrigation unit daily which I hate with a vengeance:-(

I do know that my surgery will be in January though, so not too long to wait now,hope you got some answers from your consultation,keep in touch.x

• Posted

I know its a old post but how are you now amanda i get that sick feeling i also think i have low stomach acid x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.