Feel special needs child is being neglected

Posted , 1 user is following.

so my son has hyperconnectivity which I had to Google turns out it's a fancy outdated word for hyper disorder(ADHD) he also has nystagmus speech delay communication problems being investigated for low spectrum autism as well as a few other issues my problem is I feel my son is being neglected by his school as they are not looking after him properly he comes home with poop on his pants he either comes home dressed inside out or wrong way round and shoes on the wrong feet which won't help his flat foot since being here he's had 4 pairs of glasses broken yet the staff said there's 10 members of staff and not one of them noticed he's always Coming Out saying he's hungery so this tells me no one's monitoring him at lunch like I asked to make sure he eats as he has a problem with textures there are also conflicting information I am being given ie he was stroppy crying all day when there was change in his routine because of the Christmas party and when I question them why wasn't called to come and get him I got well I thought he was fine they have even had Edwin lowbo on the phone several times saying he needs a SEN plan yet he's been there since September and still no SEN plan has been done. he just doesnt want to go he is always getting upset which turns into him hitting me or his sisters ,I have spoken to the school yet nothing has changed . was just wondering if anyone new what i can do to get him the support he needs? changing schools would have to be a last resort as his sister goes to the same school and his eldest sister is in a middle school near by and if I change it means ill be traveling to 3 different schools as we recently moved areas but kept the same schools as my girls were settled we're they are.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You really need to talk to the school management. That's really poor childcare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.