Feel the same

Posted , 9 users are following.

This is so amazing to read! Other people with the same issue, dull ache in the right side under the rib cage, indigestion, general discomfort. Been suffering for months, lots of tests and nothing. Is such a strain.. 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes I am currently suffering this at the moment! Had full blood count and liver function test which both came back normal. Tested negative for h pylori. Had ultrasound as well which came back normal as Well. Currently awaiting an appointment to come thru to get an endoscopy. 

What tests have u had Urself? 

• Posted

Hi. Was yours right rib cage below the chest (breast)area? All your bloodworks in normal range? I had a very elevated ALT (it’s a liver enzyme) so i have have to do ultrasound next week.  
    • Posted

Yeah all blood work within normal range. I’ve got a dull ache which sometimes turns into a burning pain right below my right rib cage. 
    • Posted

I see..you’ve had abdominal ultrasound? They didn’t see anything at your gallbladder? Or it might be gas/acid. If it radiates to the back then it migt be gallstones..
    • Posted

My pain tends to radiate down my side when it’s bad rather than to my back. No they never found any sign of gallstones on my ultrasound. Been on omeprozole for 2.5 weeks now to see if that helps buts it’s not done anything to be honest. 
    • Posted

Its most likely duedonedal gastritis.... location and your symptoms are matching.... now.. its very common.. it can be caused by 3 factors only...

A. Autoimmune issue

B. Infection - such as helycobacter or fungal and more.

C. Galdbladder issue or liver or other organ...

Now its a long process of healing... there are cases that requiere years to fully recover..but its possible.

Adjust your diet...try gluten free...drink plenty of green tea...and try mastic gum...and extra virgin olive oil.a spoon a day... it will improve..but its slow process.... stay positive my friend..

• Posted

Bet you om endoscopy they gonna find no hernia..no reflux..but antral gastritis with duedenal gastritis.. sorry for tipos..writting from phone in hurry..
    • Posted

Thank u so much for ur response. The docs seem to think the same as u so hopefully I can get a diagnosis soon so I can start moving forward. I really appreciate ur input. 
  • Posted

This is so great to read and also to know I’m not alone with this! 

I too have been having dull aches sometimes sharp feelings in the upper part of my stomach and more over to the right side along with blotted stomach a lot of gas.

Iv had blood tests, scans to look at the liver and gallbladder that all came back normal and also a blood test that came back negative for h pylori. I was sent for another test for h pylori last week and this time I had a breath test done but I’m guessing as the first was negative this will be too.   I just want to know what this is soon can try and fix this and move forward...

• Posted

Going through the same thing. Have had almost the million dollar work up and doctors just look at me like I am crazy. I finally got referral to a Gatro and he gave me constipation meds and told me to see if they help. Well I know what I feel and just because something doesn't come up on a blood test they dismiss me. The only I haven't done is Endo and Colonoscopy. He basically told me I don't need either and well here I am still hurting pains are getting worse now they feel like someone is pouring salt into a papercut.  It is moving to the left sides sometimes but primarily the right. Any thoughts? How can I make the doctor take me seriously? I do not want pain meds I just want to know why I am hurting and can't go to the bathroom with out meds. 

• Posted

Hi I had my gallbladder out in 2015.  I also still have under right side rib pain all the time.  I’ve been to Mayo Clinic and have been through a whole gambit of things but that pain never goes away.  I had sphincter of Oddi surgery after that.  They failed to tell me that I could have a wheat allergy so I have gone gluten free for over a year now and take omerparozle .  Just had another endoscopy and they find that my villa is healing ( because I initiated the gluten free diet because I actually looked at the test results on my chart) nothing but mild gastritis.  There are obviously so many people on this forum with this pain.  My gallbladder was borderline low function.  Had they paid attention to the endoscopy maybe going gluten free but keeping my gallbladder would have been better or to see if that would help.    I know a lot of people need their gallbladder out but I also think they take out peoples gallbladder’s but don’t tell them that they may still have that pain and other complications not having their gallbladder.  How could doctors act like this doesn’t exist???!!!!!  Since going gluten free I’m somewhat better or is it just time.  I take 4 -6 tramadol a day.  They gave me the test for Celiac even though I’d been gluten free for almost a year.  Everything you read says you have to be eating gluten to get an accurate result.  How is it that they don’t know this?  I’m tired of going to the doctor now.  I’m just going to try and survive and use the tramadol when I have to!  Notice not a person on here has had a good end to the under right side pain and we’ve all probably spent thousands of dollars because we know it’s not normal and we shouldn’t have to suffer this day and age!  We all have a different story but when we end up with this sometimes debilitating pain there has to be a reason for it.  My son was early 20’s.  He had lost a lot of weight and started have these attacks .  They were brutal.  He got his GB out and had a very rapid recovery.  Was doing light jogging 10 days later is has been fine ever since.  Prior to this my health has been good and I’m 57,  I have good blood pressure , cholesterol all that stuff. I pray for the day one of us will go to a fabulous doctor who will figure this out for us.  Your gut health is so important.  Everyone doesn’t have IBS.  They say that give you drugs and move on to the next patient,  I hope and pray for all of us to find some relief but not to stop living.  Don’t give up.  There have been bad times for me.  I told my husband I wasn’t going to be able go on like this for the rest of my life.  It’s exhausting!  Again let’s hope someone will figure out a solution for all of us suffering.  Wishing you all a Happy Easter 

• Posted

I have just had my letter through and go for an endoscopy a week on Tuesday so will certainly report back with anything as it may help some of you others out as well. 
  • Posted

I too have the pain in my right rib cage.  The right side of my colon seems sluggish as I have a lot of bloating and fluttering in my right side (assume its colon - feels like a baby moving around).  I have lost 11 pounds in the last 10 months without trying.  I've had an U/S and bloodwork.  Everything has come back normal, except my thyroid and I have some cysts on my liver, which the dr. says isn't the cause of the pain.  I also notice my stool in light coloured, which is a sign of bile restriction.  I am currently awaiting an appointment with a gastro-enterologist.  Very frustrating to have to wait.  My husband and I are considering going to the US and paying for tests to move things forward

• Posted

Hi, I had my Endoscopy today but it didnt shed any light on my symptoms. So that’s me now had blood tests, h pylori test, ultrasound and endoscopy. They still can’t find what is causing my pain under my right rib and down my side. I’ve developed another symptom where I seem to be burping a lot. GI that done the endoscopy has told me to keep taking omeprazole and go back for a follow up appt in 3-4 weeks. So still not any further forward unfortunately. Just wish someone could shed some light on my symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.