Feel tired

Posted , 6 users are following.

dont feel like doing exercises are these crucial to recovery.  Am walking on crutches well and it feels ok

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Sue, the exercises are crucial.  No getting around it.  biggrin

Best wishes!

Dawn, USA

• Posted

I wanted to add that you only have ONCE to heal right.
  • Posted

whats the penguin walk?
    • Posted

Put your sticks to one side and all will be made clearwink
    • Posted

I'll try that.  Do you know how you can tell if you have dislocated your hip?  I have had an exchange op as my first surgeon fractured my femur putting the new hip in.  Do you think this is holding up my recovery as I cannot lift my leg or raise my knee?  I don't see my surgeon till March and having no physio.
    • Posted

I have been told that you will know if you have dislocated from the intense pain and inability to walk at all.

Exchange op?  is that Revision?

Could be holding you back a bit as fracturing the femur is not desirable. I expect they used extra fixing for you afterwards?  Strengthened with wires or pins, or used a cemented prothesis even?

Having revision will almost certainly affect your recovery - I have had  two operations on my left leg now, without the complication of a fractured femur, and it's taking time.  The two recoveries have been quite different.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

Yes he cemented it in.  Thank you I was getting worried I've booked to see a physio on Friday.  What do you feel about hydro therapy?
    • Posted

Hydrotherapy is supposed to be very good, it takes the weight off you so you can exercise the joint muscles against the pressure of the water.

No swimming breast stroke though, it's the leg movements that are the problem there.

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.