Feel very alone with this anxiety trigger....

Posted , 3 users are following.

The past 6 months have been the worst of my life for anxiety, struggling to even leave the house with my husband and to function but I battled on and now we have summer upon us!

I know a lot of people struggle in heat, bright sun etc so will understand why I do too but it's not just that for me.

Summer to me means wearing different clothes and shoes, cropped trousers,shorts,sandals,pumps etc all of which make my anxiety worse when I am out of the house, I don't know why it happens, maybe I feel less secure than in my winter clothing.

Anyway today was warm so I popped on cropped trousers and sandals and the anxiety was much worse, the journey was worse,walking around the supermarket was worse, fast heart,tight chest,feeling like I couldn't concentrate and shaky legs, yes I did it but it felt awful.

My husband says I will get used to it after a while, I did last year but last year I was nowhere near as ill as this so I am scared in case I don't get used to it and it doesn't improve.

Of course I could keep my long trousers and ankle boots on  but then I would be sweaty and uncomfortable so that will make me anxious too.

I just needed to vent really, the supermarket had felt about 5% better recently and it's upsetting that this silly issue I have with different clothes and shoes could undo all of my hard work.

I just hope I do get used to it, I hate summer sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Too much heat is annoying. Cold air tends to feel better overall. I do not like the heat either. Anything over 85 is too hot for me. But i thought for me that was menapause. You are consistently making progressm which is the most important thing. Your husband is correct the blood thins and you adjust.
  • Posted

Im with you on that one Bella I hate the heat nothing like a cold wind to blow the cobwebs away.

Luckily I live in the UK and our weather is'nt great

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Thank you both, for me it's not just the heat although that part is bad enough but it's wearing the different clothes, open shoes, pumps, cropped trousers or shorts etc really make my anxiety worse for some reason, i have no idea why but maybe i just feel a bit more vulnerable and exposed or maybe it's where i hate change of any kind.

It's horrible though, just being in crops and sandals today made the supermarket a lot worse and i know it's going to be like this for months, just hope i get a bit more used to it all.

• Posted

Hello BellaLuna, im right there with you on this - I detest the summer and aready im wishing my life away and longing for September when the nights draw in again. Also I agree with the clothing issue, for some reason I feel vulnerable in summer clothes, I don't go far if I can help it and would rather stay home than go out where there's lots of people and lots of noise, the summer is meant to make people feel happy but it doesn't with me. The only thing I like is the flowers in the garden and the birds singing, so I know how you feel.
    • Posted

Hi lou, so sorry it's such a difficult time of year for you too, i can completely relate to wishing the time away and longing for September, i just cannot enjoy summer at all and this year my anxiety is worse so it's harder than ever.

It's comforting to know that i am not alone with the clothing issue, i have never come across anyone with the same feelings about that so it does help to at least know i am not the only one.

I am really hoping that i get used to it all a bit as time goes on, i know i will never feel okay with summer or the clothing but i hope i can at least get to the point where it's a bit more comfortable to go through, my husband said i didn't seem too bad this morning but i had so many symptoms and it was all because i was wearing cropped trousers and sandals.

I hope summer is as painless as possible for you, so many people do feel better in the summer months but for people like us it can be utter misery.

• Posted

Maybe its just the change of routines or something along that line.
  • Posted

So you know its a lonely thing. You have to control the complaining because its as if it annoys people, even family after a while. So you keeo it inside and every now and then talk about it. Its is one humongous internal battle. It needs to be researched a lot better and handled a lot better then it is. Not such a compassionate world sadly, but i guess because everyone is all stressed as well not just as messed up as we are. Its like an evil curse, then i read all this spiritual stuff and call it a blessing cause you have to face yourself and other dont. people with anxiety thrive on routine and some on rituals, not because of ocd but because it doesnt create any new stressors. We all function at the tip end of stressed out because its takes everything inside of us to carry on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.