Feel weird after drinking coke.?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Growing up I never had problems after drinking coke. Now (age 39) after drinking coke I feel dizzy, light headed and times I feel a rush to my head like I'M going to faint and get really tired. I have been to the doctor twice about this and both times I was told nothing was wrong with me. They did blood tests and even a cat scan. Really don't know what is going on. Reading online I seen that some people having some of the issues I have, have anxiety. But like today and yesterday I felt fine and out of the blue it hit. About 4 years ago I was sitting at my pc and had a huge head rush like I was about to faint. Ever since then I feel the same thing all the time. My wife thinks I'M having high blood pressure spikes. But every time I have checked my blood pressure is fine. High blood pressure and diabetes do run in my family. But so far, as far as I know I haven't got any of it.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Do you drink a lot of Coke?   Possibly you are taking in too much caffeine. Try to keep off Coke and coffee for a few weeks and see if you are any better.     
  • Posted

You have swallow syncope.  It is rare.  I’m sorry I can’t just agree this is to much coke and caffeine.  
    • Posted

I'm sorry but there is literally no way you can diagnose someone over the internet based on this post.

• Posted

I just wanted to add.  I have the same issue with especially coke and it could indicate a larger problem or simply be what it is on it’s own.  
  • Posted

Same here. It started all of the sudden, Thursday went to a Walbums eat inside the place and they had a coke machine, so i had soda from coke there and when I went to the register to get other things to go home was hit with a dizzy spell. Went outside in 13 degree weather and it went away in a few seconds. Was fine for a few days, then went to TGI Fridays eat and had 4 to 5 glasses of soda, then boom, another dizzy spell. Never had any problems not overweight nothing. So immediately began to analyze what the two incidents had in common, first thought it was sugar. Then I asked the bartender what types of beverage products do you have, he said coke. And then immediately the common denominator. So going to try to avoid any type of soda period and switch to tea. Will then wait to see if it happens again, if it happens again then its time to hit the doctors office. Both times I got dizzy, felt like the lower part of the back of my head was pounding and I wanted to throw up. Those what both incidents felt like and they both had coke products which were consumed in a bit more moderation than normal.

• Posted

Hi, we have it in common. I just turned 43 years old. Went to the doctor and found nothing. Btw, been off the coke for like 3 months now. Had a half cup today and crashed off balance. Had to lie down.

• Posted

Hi thank you for highlighting this out I have the same issue allegations or just not just with Coke it’s was any sugary or fizzy drink

• Posted

Hi, i am having the same thing and i just turned 43 years old.

• Posted

4 years late but i feel exactly the same... what's weird though is that it only seems to happen on rare occasions and varies in intensity.

• Posted

did you ever figure out what the problem was. i had the same thing happen last night. drank almost a full canned soda, went home and within 10 min i felt dizzy . felt thirsty and dehydrated. had water and didnt feel much better so i had milk. i felt better the rest of the night and went to bed. did some research that milk rehydrates you better than water and it last longer

• Posted

also someone said they went outside in the cold and felt better. wonder if the temp had something to do with it also cause it was a cold fall night and we were watching a game on the bleachers. i was cold and felt fine. felt dizzy in my warm house

• Posted

Jeremy, it so happens that the common culprit is caffeine, sugar, nicotine and last but not least.... anxiety. Had the same for years. Some persons just don't know they suffer from anxiety therefore can not make the connection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.