Feelin worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been told I possibly have Barrett's (results 2/4 weeks) I'm feeling really worried and scared now... can I please ask if any of you have really bad backache as a main symptom? I seem to have such a bad back along with the odd pains in chest, strange feeling in throat that I can only describe as a sort of tickle, lots of burping and some pain just below chest in centre... thanks in advance for your time x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry Barrett's is not serious as once tought.  The chances for it to progress to cancer is 0.2-0.5%. Take care of yourself and you'll be fine...

• Posted

I've had Barrett's for years (discovered just over a year ago) and had few obvious symptoms. However, the primary cause was a hiatal hernis and acid reflux that went on for more than 25 years.

Your description sounds like HH and reflux which can contribute to causing Barrett's. Take a look at the many reflux threads on the forum.

• Posted

hi the thing in your throat is called Globus, look it up, i get it as well, it comes and goes, funny enough it goes at night when i go to sleep. I am sure it's stress related, i had back pains as well a few years ago, i was a reflux sufferer for years and went to the doc with back pains, i had a endoscope and the doc said i had Barratts, but it wasn't causing the pain, he put me on 40mg of esomeprazol, and 10mg of Citalopram (happy pills) it cured the back pain in a week, it was all stress, i've had some stress again recently and the Globus has returned. Its a strange thing feels like my throat is closing or tightening, but doesn't affect eating or isn't sore. When i'm doing stuff like a bit of exercise and my mind is off it, it goes away. The Brain is a powerful thing sometimes!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.