Feeling 100%% worse need to know not alone

Posted , 3 users are following.

You may have read my last post I'm not sure what's happening 7 YEP 7 months ago I had a strange feeling of feeling like coming down with something then I developed vertigo unbalanced and generally feeling c**p.This continued untill last week still have all them symptoms plus severe headache no painkillers work and now nausea and eye sight problems been the Drs numerous times bloods normal I have been to ent due back in August I also had an MRI done but this was done before symptoms last August symptoms didn't kick in till December

I am struggling to do anything Dr gave me buccastem which worked but you can't take for long plus don't help with the nausea the pharmisist recommended surgeon which is helping with the nausea not so much the headache.Do I actually have a headache and do I feel sick it's like morning sickness it comes in waves.I am at a loss what to do I don't have a diagnosis the go says labs the ent was leaning Mir to meneieeres sort for spelling probs seeing I'm sure you'll understand.If it's one of these diseases is that it now just feel like this 24 7 for the rest of my life?.I have also tried bethastine which made things worse.Could it be hormone related I eat a healthy diet.i use to walk miles I don't drink or smoke.So could it be hormones or a vitamin deficiency and my body's trying to tell me.Has anyone had their hormones checked.I am also having hot flashes I am post menapausal since 3 years.Does prostegon or estrogeon have an effect on your ears.Has anyone had any ear problems prior to attacks?.I need to know what other people have tried I understand what lab is but I don't understand why I have it now why not 1 year ago.Something must have caused it things don't get broken by themselves something has to have a reason.Please try and help are you menapausal do you have hormonal problems did you have ear problems .My vertigo has settled is this a progression vertigo dizziness for a few months then nausea and headaches what's next what different symptoms do you have.im struggling with trying to get some sort of life back it's hard when you can't see properly to do things today my lips have swollen why look forward to hearing your replies thanks for listening

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can look into neck issues. Look up C1 and C2 issues and dizzy. If you have a cervical issue you would need to see a cervical chiropractor. Have them take an X ray of your neck. You could also go to an ENT.
  • Posted

I developed silent migraines after the menopause which affected my balance.  I was also on a particular hrt that did not agree with me.  I think hormones can be involved.  It is like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find what might be the cause as I also have to be careful now with certain foods which can trigger migraines.
    • Posted

I don't know why we've got this problem not sure what's going on but I'm convinced it's something that your body is lacking in.If your body is struggling with a hormonal problem there would be signs that something isn't right.I have been on a decent healthy diet I don't smoke don't drink I have not changed any aspect of my life in the last 7 months no medical problems etc..I first had a problem with vertigo and balance July 2015 in bed woke up dizzy and felt awful had it for 7 hours then it stopped didn't start again till 2017 December.My last period was July 2015 coincidence? Perhaps the levels of prosteogene and estrogeon have diminished and this can somehow effect your ear?.A woman on this site was pregnant for 9 months her symptoms disappeared throughout her pregnancy now she's given birth there back why.hormones I don't know.Im not depressed I'm not anxious or panicking just got the start of a headache coming .When you had your periods did you get a headache a few days before then come on headache would go my daughter has these period related headaches.Please tell me more about how you are it's nice to find someone which country are you in.Do you have vision problems concentration and saying the wrong words.

• Posted

Nancie, as far as I'm aware I never suffered with headaches, my balance problems started out of the blue, but I had 2 conditions going on which I thought was one.  One was ear crystals in left ear which caused BPPV, and then the silent migraines.  The consultant told me not to get the 2 conditions confused which was really helpful advice.  He suggested the menopause was the cause of the silent migraines and put me on medication, Nortriptyline, to help with the symptoms of balance loss, visual problems and feeling spaced out due to the migraines, as I was only experiencing the aura's of the migraine without the headache.  He said it would take about 2 years to recover and he was about right. I am now 80% improved and get occasional balance problems but nothing compared to when I was crawling around on the floor because my balance had gone, could barely walk downstairs, feeling like I was rocking around all over the place on a spongy floor,  or walking along like I was drunk and couldn't walk in a straight line or dizziness worsening whenever I got anxious about feeling dizzy.

My concentration was affected because it's hard to concentrate when every aspect of your life is affected by trying to stay upright.

I hope you find out what is causing your particular problems as that is where the solution lies.  I eventually saw a neuro otologist at the dizzy clinic who did all kinds of tests to get the diagnosis, but it is very hard to get the right diagnosis and it took nearly 2 years to get referred to the right speciality, as the consultant said I had been wasting my time at ENT.  I live in the UK so my gp referred me at my request after getting nowhere with ENT.

All best wishes.

• Posted

Yes, this can be down to hormones for sure. I had regular migraines once every 3 yrs until I turned 45. Then everything went bad. Dizziness, ringing in ears, facial pain, imbalance. I was diagnosed with vestibular or basilar migraine and put on Propranolol. I couldn't dose high enough due to side effects, so I went on strict migraine diet as well. It is shocking to me the things I cannot eat anymore that I've eaten my whole life. I definitely improved gradually, and pretty much all the symptoms went away (unless I ate too much of bad foods). It took almost a year, I think. I was having some hormonal issues and taking bioidentical progesterone cream. It was helping my blood pressure and insomnia, but making my daily dizzy unsteadiness worse, so I stopped it.

Now I am 50, and had a bad relapse this past spring. They thought it was Menieres at first, but my VNG test was normal for a second time. So they said migraine again, although no real headache. I can say what preceded this event was a super bad fibromyalgia flare in my neck, AND the arrival of lovely hot flashes. I am doing better now, but still have bad days. Upper cervical chiropractic care has really helped me. If you try this, make sure to find a really good one. I am doing the Blair method (there are different kinds). Anyway, I just had a bad few days and the hot flashes just happened to be back. Also cheated on the diet. In addition to migraine diet, I watch my sodium. I am not currently on hormone replacement because I am a weird one that has it trigger migraine. My Neuro says it can help many who are out of balance, but worsen some. Since I'm now having hot flashes that seem to trigger or correlate with these symptoms, I am getting my hormones retested and will meet with the hormone Dr next week. I may give them another go to see if they help or hurt. I also forgot to mention that when the fluctuating tinnitus and dizziness was at its worst this spring, a short course of prednisone really helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.