Feeling a bit better

Posted , 7 users are following.

After yesterdays blip watching a programme i shouldnt have i feel a bit better today . I have had nausea all day though which isnt very nice and appetite is at a low . I joined a gym today before work which i forced myself to do going swimming tomorrow .Its a bit annoying that my sister who also suffers with anxiety and panic attacks said i dont need to be on the tablets they arent working everytime i have a blip . I am 8 weeks in and feeling a lot better than i did she is 18 months down the line and still gets them x Who is the sensible one

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Michelle, I'm pretty sure you are the sensible one. You will get blips, it can't stop all of them. Cut out all caffeine, and I mean All, check all hot and cold drinks, and food as well. Steer well clear of caffeine full stop. Also, don't watch programmes or read stuff that you think may upset you, because at the moment, they will, as currently you are too sensitive. Watched a horror film years ago, heart racing, went to hospital. Nothing wrong with me, except I was having stupid amounts of caffeine drinks and tablets, so I could work out late at night. Follow these 2 suggestions, and im sure you will improve. Also, if you are feeling anxious, lay front down on a hard surface, and make a pillow with your hands. It will naturally slow down your breathing, and you will have as much muscle mass in contact with the hard floor. This is extremely effective at lowering anxiety. Muscles touching a hard surface, become grounded, and force them an you to relax. Ideal to do on carpet on a hard floor. Thanks

• Posted

That came out all wrong. I'm going to try your lay down method!!

• Posted

It's guaranteed to work for panic attacks and up to itense anxiety levels. It even helped me to a lesser degree, while I almost lost the plot over last 6 weeks, with sky high anxiety. You make a pillow with your hands for your head. Probably do it for 20 to 30 mins. You should feel calmer and possibly tired afterwards. It's used ad restorative poses in yoga. Another very good one is flappy fish pose, which is similar, but even better. All of these and other yoga poses are great for anxiety. If they dont work, theres a good chance your anxiety levels are so high, you probably need additional meds, like I am at the moment.

• Posted

Hi Nigel thanks for the advice i used to be a big coffee drinker and i still had the odd coffee before this attack but i havent drank it at all in the 8 weeks i occassionally have a decaff but i drink alot more water now . I havent heard the lying down technique thats a new one on me but will try that . I dont care what my sister says i know i couldnt have done it without the meds mine was originally caused by grief as i had never had anxiety or panic attacks before in my life .I will carry on taking them until i need to im not ashamed
    • Posted

Way to go ...keep pushing ...you will feel better ..trust me you ain't going to stay like that forever..you will come out on the other side..

• Posted

Good news about stopping caffeine. If yiu are a sensitive person, its a real no no. The lying down technique will work. It's always worked for me, until anxiety got so bad a week or so ago, only additional meds would work, ie I got into a right state. It was still working for me to a lesser degree up to having to have some diazepam. Mine was due to too high a dose of anti depressant. Knowledgeable yoga teachers are aware of the laying down. On your front poses. The idea is to get as much of your muscle mass in contact with a firm surface. Google images for flapping fish pose on a firm surface, it is also very good. I sometimes sleep in this pose. It helps you also, as your vulnerable parts of your body are protected, and in contact with something firm. It's very easy to do, and comforting.

• Posted

Hi how are you today ? I feeling a bit better although still had the nausea this morning i still managed to go for a swim on my own before work which was a good feeling x Feeling a bit edgy but nothing too bad
  • Posted

Blips /anxiety are part of life..with out your stresses in life ..you wouldn't be human...you cannot have a stress free life with Medications..that's not how it works ...celexa is a tool....

• Posted

Hi Lois

Exactly my thoughts i will continue to take the meds for as long as need to x

• Posted

I am taking my cit in the morning at about 9 am as the first time around i was struggling sleeping . This nausea and urging in the mornings though is horrible i wake up at 4.30 ish as well not sure whethet yo change to the evenings or it will settle eventually x I start work at 7
    • Posted

I take mine in the pm.it hepls me sleep thru what ever....I never taking it in the am.i don't know the difference for some..

• Posted

Can u sleep ok and get up ok in the mornings x I dont know whether its the cit or just because im thinking about it x I did manage to go for a swim before work this morning which was good x I am feeling better but there is still feelings of something there hopefully this will get better and i get to the point where i dont think about it i did before x Just seems to have taken longer this time maybe not x Im going on holiday in June im hoping to be completely back to normal by then x
    • Posted

How long did it take you to recover are you still on the tabs or are you off them now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.