Feeling a kind of away inside my Vagina at 3 cm

Posted , 3 users are following.

correction to the title: ..of wall*

Hello dear Community! I hope this is nothing shameful to ask. I (17 virgin) have noticed over the past years that something isn't correct down there.

Recently, out of concern, I inserted my finger into the entrance of the vagina to see if it was still there. I noticed that after about 3 cm there was a kind of bump or kind of wall. I doubt it's the hymen as I used to insert pencils as a kid. Sorry, this is really so embarrassing, but I'm so scared that it might be an illness. i have heard from a women that she had a wall in her vagina and that everything was grown together inside it...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

You are correct. Your hymen is not that deep inside. It sounds like it can be your cervix.

Your cervix is sticking down from the top of your vagina. It feels like the tip of your node.

Sometimes it is soft like your lips (during ovulation), sometimes it is hard like the tip of your nose (around your period). Sometimes it is high up (close to ovulation), sometimes it is lower down (close to your period).

It has a little dimple in it. This is the very small opening where your period and cervical mucus comes out and through which a baby will come out during child birth. It is also the opening where a partner's sperm will enter to make you pregnant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.