feeling a little lost

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys I'm Natalie I'm 23 year old. I'm new to this and wondered if anyone could give me advice. I got diagnosed with PCOS 2010 after battling for help with very bad periods and severe pain. After I was told what it was I was kinda shut out and left to deal with it. I went on contraception which did help with some of my problems. About 3 month ago I started again with severe pains both sides of my ovaries both when I was on my period and whilst I wasn't. It's hurts a lot during and After sex with my boyfriend and even going to the toilet ( sorry for all the info) I went to the doctors who started me on mefanamic acid which didn't agree with me so I had to stop taking them. I'm going back to the doctors Monday to try and get amother scan as I havnt had once since I was diagnosed. Has anyone else had the problem with the pain worsening over the years? Or maybe know why? Iv seen online many people had follow up scans some time after and things and iv had nothing. Sorry for the long message and would appreciate any advice. Thank you guys xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any ultrasounds done you might have cyst. I had a lot of pain and that is what it was from.

• Posted

Hi Natalie

When I was your age, I experienced irregular periods pain during and after sex and when going to the toilet (a poo), it was like passing glass.

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. It's where some of the lining of the womb grows outside the womb.

I'm not indicting for one second that you have this, but the symptons you mention are what I had.

I was then diagnosed with PCOS.

Have a chat with the doctor again, it needs sorting.

Good luck

Jo x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow. I feel I need another scan . Many people iv spoke to or read online have had follow up scans, I havnt so hopefully will get one soon. Thanks xx
  • Posted

You should have follow up scans I have them every year since I was diagnosed in 2009, if you are experiencing very bad pain then cysts are the most likely cause, unfortunately they don't do anything about them unless they're a considerable size and causing a lot of problems, and as you're very young like me they always tell me the risks of having them removed are worse than leaving them there, as having them removed causes scaring which causes trouble with fertility and as I'm only 22 they won't operate, my last scan I had 17 cysts and they refuse to remove any of them, two of which were quite large, I know it's not very helpful but I have been on the depo provera which I have found helps more than the mini pill or the implant, I've literally tried everything there is and depo has worked some what for me, also things like endemetriosis can cause these symptoms, but you are very similar to me so I'd say it's cysts like I have but they won't do anything about them because of your age, sorry it's not very helpful but Drs aren't with PCOS, they just seem to leave everyone too it as they don't really know much about it, hope you start feeling better soon, and ask about depo provera it really was much better than any other pill xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment. Yeah it seems they don't know too much about it iv tried getting answer etc in the past with not much luck. I havnt really had any problems the last 5 years the implant really helped and worked for me. Just got kinda normal period pains with the odd stabbing pain ( which I'm guessing was maybe a cyst popping) but again I don't know too much. It's just been the past 2/3 months iv been in lots of pain so wondered why all of a sudden it was worsening again. It's good you had follow up scans. I only had the one when I was diagnosed and they said there was quite a few but they wasn't very big or anything. Just wondered if they could grow or things like That? I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow and try to get a scan and hopefully go from there. Thank you again xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.