Feeling achy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all,

Since Sunday I have been waking up with aches in my legs and kind of all over like when you have the flu. This has been accompanied by a a relentless feeling of extreme fatigue. I haven't seen my period now for 51 days. Has anyone else felt like this?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes, for almost three years now!

• Posted

What can I do to help relieve it? I feel miserable. 😩

• Posted

Have you been charting your symptoms on the calendar?

I don't know what helps, advil, but watch your stomach.

• Posted

NSAID's like advil can hurt your stomach. Always be sure to take with substantial food like toast, pasta, mashed potatoes, milk.

I keep cold mashed potatoes in my fridge for emergencies.

• Posted

I take entoricoxib and paracetamol sometimes Voltarol some days are better than others but just lately it's been bad.

• Posted

YES! I cleaned the garage in Saturday. lifting boxes, moving furniture and my body is still recovering. i feel so old. I USED TO LOVE to exercise but now the pain afterward is unbearable.

• Posted

I ache alot too especially in mornings...I had a hysterectomy when I was 40 I'm51 now. I dont know if mine is peri related or not!! how do you know if its low estrogen?

• Posted

I think it was someone else who said that it was due to low estrogen. In most cases we'd have to get our blood tested to see where our hormones are.

I am just like you though, it's rough in the mornings. It tends to taper off as the day goes on. It's just so hard to push myself when I feel like this because it drains your energy. 😩

• Posted

Hi grace, and sharcrv, to sharcerv I ache a lot also you are definitely not alone with the aching! And to grace, I had a hysterectomy as well no way to really tell its peri except if you have eliminated everything else as far as tests come back all negative and you mark down your symptoms daily and those same symptoms return month after month like clockwork and you are at that peri age then chances are its peri! One thing you can do and all other ladies who had hysterectomies, and even the ones who havent get the menopause tests you pee on, you buy them online and just pee on them like a pregnancy test one line is negative 2 lines are positive, but heres the thing hormones are definitely all over the place all month long which is why some days we feel like weve been hit by a truck and other days maybe just a car .. So with the menopause sticks the ones I buy the directions say even a faint 2nd line is positive, so I just buy a bunch of them and take thru out the month, on the days I'm feeling really bad that second line is very dark and on the days I'm feeling just ok enough to get around then the line is very faint.. ( not a lot of FSH) going through me on them days.. When you can take that test and it remains positive ( dark lines in both windows) always then FSH is high and then you are post menopause! Especially for the all ladies going through this Hell that has had a hysterectomy!

• Posted

I had my right ovary removed almost 20 years ago. I don't have any other health issues. My gyn says that even though my numbers are within the normal range, the fact that my periods are inconsistent is a definite sign that I'm heading in that direction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.