Feeling agitated while withdrawing

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have now tapered down to half a 37.5 in the morning and the other half of it at night and I am aiming to stay on this for 2 or 3 weeks depending on how I cope! However I am starting to feel agitated at night and I'm finding it difficult to switch off to sleep, I am also finding it difficult to keep still, any ideas on how I can cope with this please! Thank you

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are things now? Have u introduced the prozac and does that help? I've just been given 5mg escitalopram to try ease the withdrawal from the venlafaxine mainly the horrid anxiety and shakes diarrhoea and dizziness. I was on 150mg venlafaxine for nearly 5 years but it stopped working so now I'm down to 112.5mg for a few weeks then it'll be 75mg and increase escitalopram to 10mg it just feels never ending sad I hate feeling like this x
    • Posted

Not sure you have the correct person? I have no intention in taking any other chemicals if I can help it! 

Im down to 37.5 of Ven (divided) a day! 

How are you doing ? 

• Posted

Sorry must of got the wrong person! What was your original dose of venlafaxine and how long have you been taking it? I've cut down to 112.5 from 150 as the meds just seen to of pooped out on me. Having a hell of a time and struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.