feeling amazing!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have been on the tablets for four weeks and I have  had no problems other than not loosing as much weight as I would  have liked (I'm never satisfied with weight loss) I spoke to my pharmacist after collecting my prescription last week and she suggested cutting down on my carbohydrates (I love all carbs) I was eating them at most meals.

so I've made a few changes, I only drink water now, ive gone from diet coke to squash to water, not an easy transition but I've managed it. I'm using my fitness pal, ive had the app for years but have never used it, it takes the nightmare out of tracking what I'm eating. before I wasn't counting calories and my portion control was way off! 

I haven't weighed myself lately as I can get depressed on a daily gain and think what's the point, then loose the next day. I'm trying to wait until my next weigh in on September 2nd eek! I really do feel fantastic! 

love happy kate xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I use my fitness pal  ut still go over the carb allowance sad
    • Posted

Hi Suzanne, carbs are in so much, I used to live on diet coke, apparently it's full of carbs. I used to eat potatoes in one form or another with most meals. I love being able to scan my food into my fitness pal, before g would just guesstimate my food intake , I would never count salad as having calories! This lifestyle change has been a real eye opener for me. Xx
    • Posted

If I watch my fat my carb intake is high gettin to point I'm fed up struggling t find things t eat really stuck and dunno what to do now :s
    • Posted

Suzanne i am not being rude but a lot of your posts are a bit pesimistic you either want to be slim or stay a you are i have given you my blog which has tons of meal idea etc but even then you said you couldn't find anything myself and others on here have given you advice you have to pull your socks up and do something

So your carb instake is high? so? i lost 8 stone and i had a high carb intake never did me any harm can you imagine then what your diet was high in before you started?

Sometimes we all need a bit of tough talking. We could all sit and complain about high carbs no food etc then we would all be still big obese lazy gits wouldn't we so come on stop worrying and complaning and get on with it. My weight loss journey at time has been horrendous but i don't sit here complaining about it i go on with it and that is why i am now a size 12 and you CAN BE THAT TOO

As i said i am not being rude but there is a point when something needs to be said..

• Posted

And another thing just because someone eats X amounts per day and loses for example a stone in that month does NOT mean you will. I could for example eat what Daisy eats and lose nothing or i could eat what you eat and lose 2 stone in a month everyone is different. So eat healthy stick with it and you will lose weight your own way
    • Posted

Yes I no I am a 28 year old mum of 3 young kids with depression and very stressful life with my 2nd cm child I gt put on these tablets on Monday from my doctor and got told zilch so came home and went to google  and track in my first 3 days I see my carb intake is high so I asked for advice some ppl saying high carbs are ok others sayin have low carbs this end of week has been hardest with alot of stress etc at hom (not excuses) but I'm trying to fight past it I no very little about these tablets so any advice and knowledge from ppl who are succeeding is what I need sorry to anyone who is affected with me askin questions like there daily meal plane etc just I feel like all I'm eating is salad veg n chicken yes I gt ur blog but can only view on phone and seen a few recipes but not all I like (my own fault) no one nows I am on these tablets except my partner so when I need a boost of confidence I come to this forum it's a savour to me and helps me on very very hard days so as I said I'm sorry
    • Posted

Look don't worry about carbs or what everyone else is losing/not losing worry about YOU. We are all at different stages here but you do need to just take the bull by the horns and get on with it otherwise in 6 months time you will still be here asking the same questions if i hadn't got up off my behind F knows what size i would be now and the thought terrifies me even though i am no longer that person.

Re the blog there are veggie and meat (i don't eat meat yet i still post meat baed meals for people that do) plus there is a few posts on advice of what to eat what not to and other helpful advice i don't know why that wouldn't show on your phone.

By coming on here and being pessimistic and saying i can't do this i can't do that your never going to do anything so tell yourself you CAN and you WILL and then do it.

RE: Fussy Eating if your a fussy eater i don't know why your asking what others eat as i am sure you wouldn't eat what they eat? i would try and broaden your food groups as it will help you in the long term.

I ate a ton of carbs (rice and potatoes no bread) and it never did me any harm i really wouldn't worry about carbs just worry about fat i even went over my sugar intake all the time as i eat so much fruit but natural sugar is better than processed carp!

• Posted

Thanks I sat this mornin and had a gd think gt back on it today and had a gd day I can do this and I will for me and my children today I never actually went over my carbs and I think I had 14g of fat and I actually filled myself I will b slim no matter how long it takes me 
  • Posted

So good to read a positive post Cathryn :-)

Yes Indeed , you do need to keep a track of your carbs, I am a little guilty of that myself.  I have the same ap on my phone, but for the life of me I keep forgetting to use it.

I am happy with the rate I am loosing the weight, as I am very concerned about getting loose excess skin if it comes off too quickly.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi Daisy, I am hoping for a stone in 6 weeks, g have lost more before on strict diets but the weight just goes straight back on quicker. Xx
    • Posted

Hiya Kate, YES! such a valid point!

You can lose quicker on strict diets, but when you go back to your regular diet, you pile on the pounds again. eek

I am not uptight about the way I am eating on Orlistat, it is teaching me so much about food and its fat content. I dont even miss mayo in my sandwiches now, which is somehting I never thought I would say!

If you can stick with it and eact correctly, a stone should be no problem for you in 6 weeks. smile

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

yesterday I ate

No breakfast - I started work early and I can't eat too early.

I had an apple mid morning.

lunch I had salad in a sandwich 

for my tea 150g of chicken, 1 onion, 1 knorr stock cube, 1 carrot, 100g butternut squash, 1 can of chopped tomatoes, a tin of new potatoes and water, all in a saucepan then transfered to the oven. It was delicious, i'm lucky that I like all veg and often just throw stuff in a pan and like the results. 

I had a small bowl of special k later on as a treat as I had lots of calories left. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.