Feeling angry about anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does any one feel angry or annoyed that they have anxiety I get quite angry about this condition . It frustrates me that I have this and feel I can't get passed it. Also I feel quite guilty about how it effects my partner as well .

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is horrible! I also have a 12 week old son and it's awful! I'm on medication which was recently increased 8 days ago and they way the meds are making me feel is making me anxious! It's just a viscous circle! I worry about everything! It really gets me down! I just want to be happy and enjoy being a new mum x
    • Posted

I hope you start feeling better and can enjoy your new baby that must be so tough dealing with anxiety and having a baby. Good luck
  • Posted

Yep. It's odd, I often feel down and believe that my anxiety is linked to 'being down', but it occurs to me every now and then that it is because of unreleased anger that I have become an anxious adult.

And yes, my anxiety is totally crippling for me. Without it, who knows what I could be and do and what my life would be like. The sky really would be the limit if I could rid myself of whatever it is inside me that makes me feel so inadequate when going about my days. It makes me very angry sometimes.

• Posted

I know what you mean I get angry about who I have become as this isn't me I never used to have this problem it's been 9years it just gets so frustrating
    • Posted

Totally. I'm stigmatised by it now. I was never like it at school. I was quiet, but never so unsure of myself as I have become. And it terrifies me that I've been this way so long that it's just become part of who I am. I know all the pieces of me are in there somewhere, I just can never find the right way to arrange them back together again.

• Posted

Try to think of the world in just its physical terms when you have anxiety. Anxiety is overthinking. Really, you could potentially say that the world is just a bunch of moving atoms, that people are moving bodies, etc etc. That probably won't cure your anxiety but you need to know its only in YOUR head. Try to believe that you CAN get past it. You CAN overcome it. You will grow out of it in time.
  • Posted

i also feel angry about having anxiety and panic. i think why do other people handle stress like "normal" people and i have this absurd annoying reaction to stress which is so detached from any actual danger or fear?! i don't really know what feeling "normal" means anymore and am in awe of people who seemingly sail through tough times with enviable resiliency. i get very short tempered with my kids and husband, too, b/c i feel like my quota for stress is always hovering at 95% and it doesn't take much to push me over. very frustrating! but i think it's pretty natural to get about feeling unwell. anxiety is so fickle - with so many spin off symptoms. one thing that helps me is to ask myself "will i still be angry about this (whatever the trigger is) in an hour or tomorrow or next week, and is this really worth losing my temper over it?" it helps me gain some healthy perspective. maybe it can help you. take care!
  • Posted

Thank you every one for your feed back it helps the fact that I am not alone and other can relate to how I feel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.