feeling anxious and i need to calm down!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am feeling pretty anxious right now, i left my boyfriends house on an arguement and came to my parents, ive got a horrible cold and i just feel very bunged up and i have a head cold. me and my boyfriend have sort of sorted it out i usually stay at his every night, so finding it difficult at my parents house when im sick and ive left his on an arguement.

i really need to calm down, does anyone have any advice or can reassure me? thanks in advance x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Arguments really do kick up that old adreneline doesn't it!  

Take a lot of deep breaths and or go for a good hearty walk or run (depending on your fitness level of course)  

Drink camamile or peppermint tea . . . take a hot lavender bath and light some candles. . . journal/sort out how you feel and what you want in the relationship. 

Hope you feel better soon, get some rest and take care of yourself.  

• Posted

I've had a nice cup of tea, just finishing watching a film then I will head to bed soon I think. I know its not nice, im anxious because of my head cold i can barely hear so I just feel a bit off balance! Going to head to bed soon and maybe watch something that'll relax me!

• Posted

Such a cold is going around. Its messed with my ears. Makes us cranky.

When you calm down from all this and he calms down too..text him a sweet message and see how it plays out.

Sometimes a day off isnt a bad thing. 

• Posted

I have spoken to him its just the sleeping alone I find weird I think, dont like it when I'm sick and all I can hear is a wooshing sound in my ears from the congestion

• Posted

It stinks being sick! And tomorrows a new day and hopefully youll back and everything will be good.
  • Posted

katie

So are you now back to your boyfriends house.

Sit down and have a warm milk or lemon juice, with a tablespoon full of honey and mix well. Take a couple of Paracetamol and go to bed

Get yourself sorted, keep a hold

• Posted

No Im still at my parents watching a film in the lounge.. had a nice shower calmed down a bit. I have a head cold which is making me feel all disorintated anyway so its just not nice!
    • Posted

katie

A dram or Whiskey or rum is good for a gold.

That is my recommendation and will stick with that lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.