Feeling anxious for three weeks! Stomach cramps please help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have been suffering with anxiety full on for three weeks now, it started months back at work when

My heart Started to beat rite out my chest, but never thought anything of it knew what panic attacks was and thought I was just over doing it at work. For the last three weeks I've felt no get up and go or

appetite obsessive thoughts about my health none stop feeling a constant sick/worried feeling in my stomach plus muscle tension In my stomach and my backhand constant wind movement and

And gargling sound wing and gas seem to ease the tension. Tried calms herbal but didn't seem to

calm me.

Been to the docs and he's prescribe me 15mg of Martazapine to take at nite. I'm just so worried to

take the tablets and feel even worse please help has anybody had a good results. Sorry to go on I

Just can't seem to find a answer and really want to get my life back as I'm only 21 sad but willing to

Fight this horrific anxiety biggrin))

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sinead,

Mirtazapine will calm you down and help you sleep for sure,don't worry about that,however the tablets did not agree with me,but try them,see how you get on.

I am currently on 400mg of Pregabilin which gets me through bur we're all different,but do take your tablets they will help especially at night.

Best wishes Malc

• Posted

Hi

400mg Pregabalin does the trick most of the time. Not addictive and no side effects to speak of and you're not spaced out. Wish I'd known about it for years.

Once you are predisposed to anxiety you need all the help you can get.

Best wishes, Alex

• Posted

Hiya,

Yes too true Alex,but you know it was a sheer fluke I got on it,my doctor never mentioned it,my brother gave me one of his;On one of my many visits to Norfolk (dad was dying) I suddenly realised I'd forgotten my pills,with the situation with dad my anxiety was fever high,so my brother suggested taking one of his 300mg tabs and within minutes I felt relief (and a bit heady too) temporarily,also good for pain relief.

Totally agree Alex,a wonderful drug,few side-effects and as you say non-addictive,but a word of warning to anyone reading this,do not drink with this if you take over the dosage,I did it once and never again.

Regards Malc

• Posted

Hi Sinead,

You are not alone. I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a horrific bout of anxiety for the majority of last year and much of this year too. It was due to a change in medication but I had all of your symptoms. I just wanted to die. I couldn't function on any level. Like you, I had zero appetite, insomnia, severe stomach problems, aching all over, constant restlessness and agitation. It was a living hell. You need to take the Mirtazapine that your doctor prescribed you now as it is the only thing that can help when anxiety sets in as bad as this. Mirtazapine is sedating so It will help with your sleeping and it should help with your appetite too once it gets into your system. If you take it as prescribed it is quite fast acting so you should see some real benefits within the first couple of weeks. If you are struggling while waiting for the Mirtazapine to take full effect go back to your doctor and request some diazepam. They don't like prescribing it because it can be addictive but if someone is in real distress like you are then they should be willing to prescribe it short term. It is very helpful when it comes to anxiety. I really hope you get some relief soon. Take care, Lisax

• Posted

Hi Lisa. I am wondering what kind of severe stomach symptoms off anxiety you were having. I have some sort of anxiety in my stomach all day that is causing reflux and burning stomach almost everyday. I've had it for almost 2 months. And its really causing health issues. I'm on 80 mg of Nexium and it doesn't work. Please let me know I you were able to get rid of those horrible symptoms. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi malcolm'

In a way I found out about Pregabalin as anxiety medication by accident as well.

Originally I was prescribed a low dose to treat fibromyalygia. A recent anxiety event highlighted when it was wearing off. I got it increased with posative results.

Some GP's seem reluctant to administer it, but I can't see why when you read the drug trials published data. Yet they continue to fob people off with meds which clearly have all sorts of issues. Makes one wonder about the backhanders in the system.

Ok, we are all different, but I have no complaints so am happy to make people aware of my own experience.

• Posted

Oh, and I've been T-total for 30 years LOL

Regards, Alex

• Posted

hey my name is Jason

I have anxiety for years now and im 24 smile

if you asked me I would tell you not to go on mirtazapine its a bad medication

I was on mirtazapine 45mgs at night yeah its was ok for a while then I had the worst nightmares had pins and needles all the time it was bad

so I came off the medication

let me give you a tip coming off I had to go to hospital but saying that I went cold turkey

but you think your anxiety is bad now god help you and the side effects are so bad and they last for about 3 weeks please get a advise else where im telling you this because I would not wish these side effects on anybody I hope you listen to me and get off the mirtazapine asap for your safety

I hope I could help god bless I hope everything goes great for you all the best Jason smile

• Posted

Hi Jason,

Couldn't agree more,I was prescribed it and for two days it helped me sleep but then I had the most awful diaroehha for days and days and I stopped taking it,however I was soon diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus which was a complete surprise.

But on stopping Mirtazapine the diaroehha went away so I'm sure it was some of the problem,not good I'll stick with my Pregabilin.

Hope you are doing better and on a more suitable medication.

Regards Malc

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm not on any meds at all and petrified to start taking the mirt now after what I've heard. I'm going to see

The doc today and hopefully I can get some other medication because I cannot go on like this. Does anyone have any suggestions of a medication I have really bad muscle tension and stomach cramps constantly

Overthinking what's wrong with me and dizziness n bleared vision most at nite. I'm at a loose end rite now sad

• Posted

hi sinead, i am sorry to hear about your anxiety , but unfurtunatley once and a while anxiety is a natural thing. i have suffered with non stop anxiety for over a year and know how you feel. the best thing is to follow your doctors orders. If it is not working out then let your doctor know and ask what the next thing you can try is. What makes me feel better is when i talk it over with someone i can trust and try to distract yourself by doing fun stuff  with your friends to keep it off your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.