Feeling Anxious While Drinking

Posted , 6 users are following.

I donated plasma yesterday afternoon and I've been drinking since about 9:00PM. It's now 12:29AM. I'm only on my 4th beer, and I'm feeling anxious. I don't know what to do. My head and neck hurts. The back of my head also, feels pretty weird. I'm not sure what to make of this.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kayla1865. I don't mean to be rude but duh.

Drinking is not for us

• Posted

Have you or do you know that most people who are depressed or anxiety. (Same disease) end up or start out self medicating with booze and or also other drugs. Stop and seek a counselor dealing with substance abuse. I don't say that to be mean, bc that is also my story. I praise God for my 8 years of sobriety and I'll be praying for you too.
  • Posted

feeling any better?
    • Posted

what have you been trying to calm down?
    • Posted

If it helps you keep doing it.

What else can keep you calm?

Have you seen a therapist?

• Posted

I missed my last doctors appointment and am gonna make another one. I didn't like therapy that much, after my dad died when I was 9.
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that.

Have you tried therapy since then?

How old are you now?

• Posted

i think it would really help you.

would you be open to trying it again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.