feeling as if I'm "on a boat"

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had vertigo for about 8 years now but I don't have it constantly I can go for months without any symptoms then for no reason it comes back and can last months I have trouble avoiding door frames and walking round furniture and crossing the road is a nightmare ,doctors say there is nothing they can do and is something I just have to live with it ,good new is I it's not live threatening.

Does anyone else have similar symptoms ?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Stephen..the boat feeling..that describes it..sometimes just trying not to sway .  Again, prayer for all who are suffering. And please try the sinus cleanses..two or three times a day..1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp baking soda in a cup of water..use bulb syring or neti pot (i think the syring is more effective.)..use one cup per side..You can google on how this works. If  your ears pop...so much the better!
    • Posted

Hi I'm sorry about everyone suffering too. Cab you please explain the process of what to do with this. One of my ears has been blocked since this started. I mean when I close my nose and blow. No matter how hard my left ear will not. Maybe it's my tubes. When I eat I get dizzier, and when I have a cold I get set back but past few days I've had sinus aching and headache ect and it's been allot worse so maybe I jist need to clear them xx
    • Posted

Hi all on this site ,here's a tip from my elderly aunt ,in regards to bunged up sinuses ,she passed on to me .

Get the household pepper pot ,what you'd use at meal times ,tip up pot between thumb and index finger ,( fleshy soft spot ) don't shake pepper on just tip up once ,then sniff the pepper ,it will be grains ,hard to see ,but this will bring on a sneeze (s) ,I now do this on my worst head/facial painful day ,it then starts to shifting that head mucus .this has helped me ,as Im allergic to antihistamines ,the pepper is only thing that's worked for me to get the mucus moving .Give it a try .remember just see to it that its grains only need a minute amount .My aunt into her 80s so guess she knew more to it as she suffers from sinuses to .

• Posted

Sophia, the blocked ear is exactly what my Dr. found when I went in for vertigo..That's what the sinus cleanses do: enable the eustachean tube to move. (ears pop) Wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.