Feeling awful ,only started ventafaxine yesterday!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I only started taking this yesterday,awful nights sleep,will it get better?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I started a week ago and only had 4 hours the first two nights, 5 the third. It's settled down again though.

• Posted

Thank you I know it’s very early days, but I’m going to persevere , fingers crossed it will get better!
  • Posted

Hi there. Yes!!! It will get better. Your brain is going thru an adjustment, Right now, I'm not sleeping so well, mainly because our daughter moved home and is a night owl, but have a hard time falling back to sleep. Been on this medication for well over 12 years, so I'm not sure it's that.

Once the medicine builds up in your system between 4-6, you should notice a big improvement.

Try to stick with this medicine. It has worked wonders in my life. If you begin to switch to other meds, you'll screw up your brain chemistry temporarily, it's hard to wean off and go to another medication. Believe me, I know.

After about 2 weeks, though, you should start feeling differently. Better actually. Just be patient. God bless you!

• Posted

Hello Lola.

I started taking these tablets in November (75mg) slow release in the morning with my usual tablets (about8am) but found by 4pm I felt like a lump of lead and couldnt move. So I thought I would take them about 9pm but found I couldn't sleep (I go to bed about 11ish). So now I am taking them about 3pm and so far so good. I sleep properly (apart from a nightly loo visit) but can sleep in about 9am and feel a bit hazy when I wake up. I am seeing GP in 2 weeks and will have a chat about reducing them to 37.5 but not sure as I have had some distressing issues in February (a heavy operation and my cat of 19 years died) so not sure really how I feel at the moment. Anyway you should see how it goes. Good luck.

• Posted

Lucybelle, and good luck to you too! sorry about your cat ,not nice! 😢 

• Posted

should say thank you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.