Feeling bad

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I have been a member of SW for 12 weeks and have steadily lost 2 stone. The doctor recently prescribed Orlistat to boost my weight loss as I have so much to lose and have fatty liver disease.

Last week was my first week on the blue tablets and at SW Iost 4 pounds and was subsequent awarded slimmer of the week. 😁. Feel like I've cheated and should tell them that I have taken the Orlistat. On the other hand, I worked blinking hard and followed my diet completely.

Help!!!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The tablets don't work by themselves , you have to put the hard work in .

So well done on your weight loss .😃

• Posted

I have the same problem.

I have been on orilstat for 5 weeks and lost 4.5lb.

But I feel the same if I was too have a great loss

I think if you are able to discuss this with you consultant she/he might be able to help with the guilt. However everyone say these are miracle workers and what you put into your mouth helps with the result therefore I think they are an aid however you still do all the hard work.

Hope this helps x 

• Posted

So what? how do you know other member there aren't on them? Do you think tehy would feel the same as you?

don't feel guilty feel happy your losing weight!

Well done for SLIMMER OF THE WEEK!!

Britney

X

• Posted

Hello Lily :-)

I feel for you, I really do and wondered about the same dilemma if I had of started SW, which I was supposed to do 3 weeks ago.

I am not sure nothing can be achieved by coming clean, regardless to the fact "you feel" that you may have cheated. It will just give other members something to talk about next time you are in class, so nothing gained there!

When you are on the larger size, you loose more weight than someone that has maybe got only a stone to loose anyway, but does that mean you have an unfair advantage over some of the other members at your SW class? All is fair in love, war & dieting! x x x

Please dont beat yourself up hun x x x As you have stated, you have worked real hard to drop that weight, so in my humble opinion you deserve the slimmer of the week award. smile

Do that dance and be proud of yourself! biggrin

***Go lily*****

***Go lily*****

***Go lily*****

***Go lily*****

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Its still you that's doing all the hard work they only work if you eating properly and sticking to the grams of what we are allowed nothing to feel bad about in my opinion xx mags 
  • Posted

Hi Lily, my sister is a consultant at sw, I do not attend myself but she says quite a few people do both classes and  tablets. when I did go classes there was nothing stopping my from cheating. now there is the dreaded side effects. I have been on the tablets 5 weeks tomorrow, orlistat has made me change my thinking about food. I feel it has me 4 weeks to work out what works for me, calorie counting definitely has for me but that doesn't mean it will work for others. I was still  overeating on veg and low fat products, I have my next weigh in next Tuesday (six week check up) and im excited! 

stick with sw it's obviously working for you xx

• Posted

Thanks all! Your words mean a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.