Feeling bad

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. Today I feel sad, depress, and anxious. Today at work during my break I was lunch with my boss, she told me her mother has cancer in the throat. That made me feel sad. Since the talk I been down some anxiety kicking in. She also told me one off her best friend past away from cancer. Hearing all that really brought me down ?? I'm trying to boost my mood but I just can't stop feeling bad and sad. How should I be good and not sad

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Theirs many ways ... But Exercise increases dopamine and seretonin. When I started exercising and eating right my anxiety and depression left and when I was in the gym.. I was so happy and I never had depression or anxiety untill I stopped exercising. But diet is big aswell.. Eat lots of food that increases seretonin and dopamine. Junk food and processed foods and caffein/alchohol/drugs can make you anxious and depressed in the long term and short term

-Salmon

-Eggs

-Pineapple

-Nuts are my favorite

Just google to find a full list

Also just going out and having fun.. Getting a hobby.. Helping people.. Like donating or doing community service helps boost the feel good chemicals in your body. So if your sorry for your co workers ect.. Think of a way to help them out or help them feel better.

• Posted

Thank u so much. I love the information you give😊
  • Posted

hi Judi

can understand how you feel hate feeling depressed

may sound stupid have you got any fun and bubbly friends? I find having chats with people like that whether it's on the phone or in person helps take your mind off it and lifts the mood

• Posted

Thank you for the advice. I felt bad because she is a good friend as well and I wouldn't want to be in her spot. I would be a mess if it happened to me.

• Posted

no problem im new to this forum but i like to help or try to help people in same situation as me with anxiety and/or depression!

its understandable I'd be the same,there is a positive from it tho which is its nice she can talk to you about it she sees you as a good friend ?

• Posted

Absolutely agree with Heat. As to the food list, just google foods that aggravate anxiety....and...foods that help anxiety. Changing the way I eat made a huge difference, Judi
  • Posted

Bad things happen in life. We all feel sad when we hear this, but if this makes you depressed, and anxious, and this happens a lot, then you probably would benefit from a antidepressant. Talk to you doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.