Feeling bad again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just need some support please. Have been on Cit 20 mg for 6 weeks had more good days than bad but woke up today & feel like I have gone back to the beginning. Bad negative thoughts are back no appetite butterfly stomach & in & out of the loo. It was Birthday yesterday & had a small amount of alcohol 1 cocktail & half glass of wine could this be the cause or is it still early days for . it really scares me as I have always be so together & I feel guilty about what I am doing to my poor husband although he is very patient. I seem to worry about everything. I do know that I have always hidden my true emotions putting on the outward smile but I am having problems doing that now. I so much want to get better is this just a blip and I need give the meds more time ? Sorry for rambling on . just frightened that it is all coming back. Would be so grateful for some advice. Thank you

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Prob is the alcohol u should settle in a few days try an avoid the alcohol whilst your still recovering
    • Posted

Thank you that is the first drink I have had since going on meds & the last for a while !
  • Posted

Recovery is very slow for some ppl so u have to give it more time. I think patience is the key with these meds. U will get better. And I would stay away from alcohol for the time being and incorporate some exercise in ur daily routine. T
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind support & advice no more alcohol for me !
  • Posted

Hi,

Just to reitterate what a few have said. You have to be *very* careful with alcohol.

I would avoid completely, it caused me huge problems.

Have a look on meetup org and try and find something to get you out and about.

Sleep generally does the trick, plenty of sleep.

• Posted

Hi Linda,  You are in your 6th week, that's still kind of early on, and can take a bit longer to really get into your system.  But, yes I agree with the others, you will need to stay away from the alcohol of any kind, as it is a depressant, so the meds are already fighting one thing, so you see, it's kind of a circle. 

I too am on Cital 20 mg, have been for 3 years, and today is an off day for me, I was wondering why...until I read your post.  I am not a drinker, but maybe once in a blue moon if we go out I will order one drink, or a glass of wine, so Mother's day I did just that!  No wonder today is my off day!  Just a delayed reaction.  See there?  You helped me!  wink  I will be fine, but it is expected to have some up and down days on the meds, and for me I have way more ups than downs!  I think I would give the meds a little longer, maybe give your doctor a call, see what they think, wouldn't hurt to ask.  We are always here for you!  This forum is a great place, lots of nice people that are going through, or have gone through the same thing, with great advice!  Good Luck to you Dear!!

• Posted

Thank so much for your reply. I am feeling a lot better now I started to improve during the evening so I feel that the small of alcohol that did have may have been a contributor to my bad feelings so will not be doing that again. I really appreciate all the kind words & encouragement that is given by the kind people on the forum. It stops me from thinking that I am alone in feeling like this and makes me look forward to a happier future. Thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.