Feeling better .....keep going :)

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi everyone i hope you're all having a good day.

I posted for the first time on here a couple of months ago looking for reassurance after starting citalopram for the second time and found it wasnt working as well as it did first time round 6 years ago for severe health anxiety. i started in November on 10mg and had every single side effect for 5 weeks then upped to 20mg. it took another 4 weeks for side effects to subside but within that 4 weeks my health anxiety calmed down ALOT and i found myself rationalising my thoughts throughout the day. the mornjng anxiety was still an issue and my doctor prescribed me 20mg propranolol to take of a morning ....if needed.......they really helped! i finally feel like my old happy self and not worrying about everything or overthinking. if youre feeling worried or scared that your tablets arent working please push through and give them time, as horrible as the side effects are they will not last forever. wishing you all a speedy recovery and thanks for reading 🤍

4 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi carla! i needed this today im on week 8 10mg and still getting heightened anxiety, headaches and dizziness daily! im debating wether to up my dose or give it until 12 weeks on 10mg! do you remember how you felt week8/9? X

• Posted

hiya lauren i still had alot of side effects including headaches, very heightened anxiety and dizziness/nausea on week 8 but i did feel going up to 20mg was the best for me personally. i was on 20mg 6 years ago and they worked great. maybe speak to your doctor about upping the dose, i went from 10mg - 20mg quite quickly and it helped but everyone is different. I will say the side effects dont go away by upping the dose, but it definitely helped my mood and health related anxiety in the long run. xx

• Posted

when you up your dose do you get another nightmare of side effects again?

• Posted

keep going with them james, speak to your doctor too. this group is amazing for guidiance and reassurance and everyone understands this journey. hope you have better days x

• Posted

i did unfortunately, but i wouldnt say they were any worse than when i was on 10mg, and the outcome has benefitted me personally x

• Posted

thanks carla i need the pill to numb my sadness i guess im on 10mg but my problem is ive been on them for 2 weeks and i feel i need to up my dosage but i cant take time of work my boss will sack me instant hes a t--t x

• Posted

its not helpful when you have work stresses too, i was the same. 2 weeks is really early to updose. it takes abit longer to get into your system and really reap the benefits. please try and give it a couple more weeks and see your GP again. i take it for anxiety more than anything else but it does work. sending you good vibes x

• Posted

thank you carla i just hope to pull through and thank you for taking your time to reply back 😃 , x

• Posted

hey I felt the same as you week 8 too x I would wait the 12 weeks before increasing. I'm on 30mg now and the increase didn't help the dizzyness ect as I think it's more the anxiety being so high x but it does pass I promise mine is getting a little betterand a friend was still dizzy until 11 weeks x keep going x

• Posted

thanks for replying - i will give it another week or 2 on this dose! how are you doing now on 20mg? X

• Posted

yeah see how you are feeling then and if your anxiety has improved you might settle with the 10mg. i feel fine now the side effects have gone x

• Posted

its the lightheadness/dizziness i cannot stand ive had it from the start so really hoping it starts to ease off the closer i get to 12 weeks! ive been put on these for health anxiety so it doesnt help when i get the side effects xx

• Posted

hi carla! i was on 10mg for 10 weeks before increasing to 20mg and ive been on that 2 weeks! i was feeling okay the first week of the increase but the last few days i have felt horrendous nauseas/lightheaded and low mood along with heightned anxiety! Did you get like that on the increase? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.