Feeling better .....keep going :)

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi everyone i hope you're all having a good day.

I posted for the first time on here a couple of months ago looking for reassurance after starting citalopram for the second time and found it wasnt working as well as it did first time round 6 years ago for severe health anxiety. i started in November on 10mg and had every single side effect for 5 weeks then upped to 20mg. it took another 4 weeks for side effects to subside but within that 4 weeks my health anxiety calmed down ALOT and i found myself rationalising my thoughts throughout the day. the mornjng anxiety was still an issue and my doctor prescribed me 20mg propranolol to take of a morning ....if needed.......they really helped! i finally feel like my old happy self and not worrying about everything or overthinking. if youre feeling worried or scared that your tablets arent working please push through and give them time, as horrible as the side effects are they will not last forever. wishing you all a speedy recovery and thanks for reading 🤍

4 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey! i upped to 20mg 3.5 weeks ago and getting headaches/dizziness and heightened anxiety! Did you get any of this on the increase? Xx

• Posted

yeah its completely normal on an increase. it hits a peak after a few weeks then trails off again. some people take a few weeks more but the side effects will go x

• Posted

the heightened anxiety sucks so much doesnt it. are you getting any other physical symptoms?

• Posted

hey! just dizziness on and off but thats easing a little now! its so debilitating isnt it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.