Feeling better physically but still so nervous, anxious and shaky

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone could help, or whether they have experienced anything similar. As my T4 levels have come down and are now close to normal, I have had more energy and feel physically much better. Not back to my old self yet, but getting there. But I still have that inner tremor, especially when I wake up at night, I am trembling and it often stops me sleeping. However, my biggest problem is during the day when I am left with a crippling nervousness and fear. I work with horses and used to be brave. I could handle anything and break in youngsters etc. But now I'm terrified. I hide it from my clients except that I shake when I am exerting myself physically or if I am stressed mentally. I am in the process of breaking in my lovely young horse and she's very willful and can be very naughty. I try to just carry on but afterwards I go inside and could cry. I am just totally overwhelmed by things which would not have worried me before I became hyperthyroid. I am wondering why my mental state has not improved like my physical state and whether I will ever feel normal again. I am also overwhelmed by social situations, even close family. Will it ever get better?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update. I have slept better the last two nights. I still need a sleeping pill but I'm getting around 6 hours which I can survive on. Thinking back, I did miss two doses of my carbimazole last week before all this started getting worse. I take 20mg a day in two doses of 10mg. Could missing just two doses in the space of 3 days have this effect? Could it have set me back this much? I was doing so well before then. I have now bought a pill organiser to ensure I don't miss any more doses.
    • Posted

Hi evergreen I am very pleased to hear that you are feeling better. I am unsure but it does rather sound as if missing the carbimazole may have made u feel ropey etc.  Let us know how u do.
    • Posted

In my experience yes it does make a difference when you missed 2 pills.  I have missed and it gave me crap symptoms hyper.  Also I was very hyper back then so missing it was not a very good idea.  But then with our sickness, we get this forgetfulness that I can't explain when the equilibrium in our body is out of whack so sometimes I missed them pills.  There is a lag just when you get the dose back in your body.  Now i have this app on my phone "medisafe" free app to remind me everyday to take it on time.
    • Posted

Thanks, hypnocool. Yes I am very forgetful! The app is a good idea. I have bought a pill organiser so at least if I can't remember if I've taken it, now I can go and look if the pills are still there.

• Posted

Okay, so another question: I just rang for my latest blood results (from last Thursday), and it says my T4 is 17.1 (so normal yay!), but tsh is still <0.01. what does this mean? i am seeing my gp on thursday so will ask him. it's so wierd that i am still getting that inner tremor. what="" does="" this="" mean?="" i="" am="" seeing="" my="" gp="" on="" thursday="" so="" will="" ask="" him.="" it's="" so="" wierd="" that="" i="" am="" still="" getting="" that="" inner="">

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.