Feeling bruised all over! 10 days post op.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My skin feels so bruised to touch, not just at the op site but my arms, shoulders and particularly my ribs! (to the point whereby an underwired bra is uncomfortable) Did anybody else experience this? Not sure if it's to do with a build up of toxins or just the man-handling on the operating table! I'm not overly-concerned, just curious as to whether anybody else experienced it.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Ten days is very early in the healing process. Very sorry to hear your in pain, this early stage of healing is very hard. Be sure to take pain meds as prescribed to stay ahead of the pain. At first THR surgery is a trauma for the whole body & the surgery does take a toll on our muscles and joints at first. All my joints were sore . Especially my back and knee on op side. Sometimes getting new replacement parts is very painful at first. This will get better as healing is taking up lot of energy and time for recovery.

It's like starting all over with a new joint. Takes time to heal, time to training the joints, muscles, walking , soft tissue and body movement start all over again like from the beginning. In a few weeks you'll be in a better place and happy you have a new hip. It is far worth the immediate healing pain thru recovery to have improved mobility and a better quality of life in the long run.

• Edited

Thank you for your reply. I guess I hadn't considered that the op would be traumatic to the body as a whole! I will make sure I keep on top of pain relief and keep that end goal in sight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.