Feeling concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have beem having alot of pain lately i guess because i been on my feet alot lately .i am 11 weeks in i been walking w/o crutches for almost a Month and i still have a limp is this Normal how long does this limp last ??? Please help

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm a couple of weeks behind you. I still have a limp especially worse when ankle is sore & tired. I have been told by PT to try very hard to not limp by walking slowly. I have more supportive shoes like runners/sport shoes help to reduce my limp. My limp is due to stiff muscles & joint so try do my exercises as much as poss. Balancing on my injured leg is helping me.

Good luck :-)

Justine

• Posted

Ok i dont go to pt but i try to walk slow and i also do all my excercise required my doctor said i do not need Pt but if it doesnt get better i will be goin to Pt i also wear supportive shoes ...keep me updated
  • Posted

Hi Shantel

I am 9 weeks in and 2 weeks out of plaster I have been weight bearing without crutches no boot, straight back to shoes.

I have had quite a lot of pain and a lot of swelling I have seen my physio once and will see her again this week. My first week out of plaster went well or I thought it did but actually I over did it and this week I am slower on my feet than last week the swelling is sore.

I guess I thought I would get the plaster off and wiz of like a mad thing but I now realise I have a good few weeks probably as long as I spent in cast rebuilding the week and non existent muscles in both my ankle and my leg. Long way to go before things get back to normal, don't think I will be driving for a good while yet? Still elevating leg every e night and during the day.

Have started swimming and doing various physio exercises every day to get things moving.

Pain is constant but more like a constant ache than pain but I have learned to live with it not taking pain killers don't think they do you any good in the long run.

I am positive and glad I'm mending but realistically it's going to take a good bit longer than I thought

Connor

• Posted

I am a lot earlier on, near 3 weeks post removal of cast. I have been working hard, and down to no crutches. My 'limp' I have found, is as I dont have the full range of movement in my ankle to walk. I have been working on this this but think i require professional help from the PT, got an appointment next week. AKA, to actually push my foot down etc.

Are you able to point your toes, flex your foot, roll your ankle etc. If not find the ankle exercise that works on this. You can use google/youtube and there are plenty if you are unable to get to/referred to a physio. Slower more precise movement restricting the limp is more likely to aid you than your body/brain adapting to the limp and 'normalising' it. 

• Posted

Hey i do excercise every day i also wear the proper shoes but my doctor told me ot will get better overtime and yes i can move my toes and rotate my ankle thanks i hope all is well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.