Feeling confused?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I have finally been given the diagnosis of going through the menopause after 5 months of numerous tests. I have been suffering from too many symptoms to list but have had heart scans, an endoscopy, abdominal and pelvic scans. I literally felt like I was going mad as all the test results were normal yet I knew something was wrong. My periods stopped in April and I started suffering from gastro problems and hot flushes/night sweats. My anxieties and thoughts are at times totally irrational and I feel like I have tremors/shivers. Today's diagnosis came through my insistance on having my hormone levels checked after reading posts on this forum.

On visiting the GP today, who I must say was of little help, I was told to google HRT before making a decision on whether I wanted to start taking it or not, although I am thinking maybe to follow the alternative route and try vitamins etc. I am currently taking Sage and Well Woman vits as had a feeling I was menopausal and today I have been prescribed with Calcium tablets. I really do not know where to go from here and the best supplements to take, although I have read B12? Any help or info would be greatly received. I am 39 so I know this is premature and have no family history of early menopause, however I have had the Mirena coil for 10years (always still had regular periods with this) and have read this can cause early onset. I have so many questions and have no idea where to find the answers? Thanking you in anticipation!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly Ann, 

Besides B 12 try folic acid , vitamin D and evening primrose. Hope you are feeling well soon!

Page smile

• Posted

Thank-you I am sure there is vit D in with the calcium and I shall be taking a trip to the health store for some others tomorrow smile
  • Posted

Hi Kelly-Ann

I've just joined this group and I also have many questions.  I moved from South Africa to the UK last year and if I'm honest the GP here is not helpful at all.  I am in the process of changing doctors, so hopefully the new one will be more understanding.  I am 50 years old, never been pregnant and I am not sure if I am peri or going through menopause itself.  I have been regular since the age of 11 and in the last 3 years my periods have become irregular and also very, very heavy.  I feel tired all the time, have no motivation, feel anxious sometimes and generally feel "not myself". It's all very scary and worrying, so I know how you feel. I haven't been for any tests or anything, but my current GP immediately suggested HRTs.  I have heard bad things about it so I will ask the new GP what she thinks.  I am taking iron, Primose Oil and Vit B tablets, but only started last week, so haven't felt any affects yet. 

Hang in there and hopefully we will get some answers from other ladies on the site.  You are not alone xxx

• Posted

I too feel 'not myself' most days and have done for quite a while which I suppose could have been because I was peri menopausal without being aware? Thank you for your reply it is so reassuring to know I am not alone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.