Feeling confused!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had appointment with Gynae in April for MRI results and to discuss what to do next. Was told I have a 10cm partially twisted dermoid ovarian cyst on my left ovary and a 5cm cystadenofibroma cyst on my right ovary. Gynae had me down to bring me in for surgery but as I didn't have pain told me to come back in October for a review. Wasn't too happy but not much I could do about it. Was also told my CA125 came back.ok and there is no cancer. Last week I got a letter saying they have reviewed my right cystadenofibroma again and decided to refer it for further investigation with an oncologist and they will contact me in due course. I'm now left feeling terrified and feeling sick with worry, I just want both cysts out. God knows how long it will be before they get back to me. Just feel like my lifes on hold until these things are removed 😕.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise, it seems to be standard practice that if it isn't a simple cyst - a fluid filled one, that they refer you to an oncologist. It doesn't neccesarily mean that they think it's cancer, it's just to rule it out.

Believe me, in the UK if there was a thougt that it was, you would be under the two werk rule and have an appointment to have them removed very quickly.

I know it's hard, try not to worry, thry are just being vigilant.

• Posted

Thanks Laura, just confused me cos they said everything was ok come back October then out of the blue I get a letter saying its been sent to oncologist to look at. Thought they'd done that before I went to my appointment in April. Guess I will have to wait it out and see what happens. Suppose I could speak to the Gynae secretary or my GP if it drags on too long. Thanks for replying x

• Posted

I know, it's worrying, I had cyst plus ovary and tube removed last year, all ok.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Try not to worry, i had a cystadenofibroma removed not long ago, was referred to oncologists also as my ca125 was elevated. It was operated on and removed, histology came back as benign tumour. Cystadenofibroma are usually benign. Try not ro worry xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.