Feeling confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi .

i am week 9 of taking citalopram and the last few days I have been feeling foggy minded and just not within days very bad memory. Also waking in with neck pain. Is this normal ? Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have had terrible memory the hole time with having depression i think it just goes with it.and foggy minded I have that 24.7 feeling like I'm out of this world and feel rather tired.
  • Posted

Thank you for your response. It's a horrible. Feeling like you can't take nothing in . Are you on citalopram ? If so have you been on them long ? 
    • Posted

It sure is you'll be talking to someone and have no idea wat the conversation is even about.Yea I am I'm only on my 7th week I have noticed no changes.I can't even watch t.v as my concentration is that bad.I can't feel my self in my own body it suks.how are you feeling after being on them 9weeks it's a tuf journey
  • Posted

Thank you so much for the message and support. I feel a little less anxious. But just still feeling so ill and have symptoms which worry me and now with this memory and strange feeling in my head and feel as tho the doctors are missing something. I have had a full blood count that came back all fine. Hope your feeling better soon. X
    • Posted

That's ok oh I no ryt u start to think u have been misdiagnosed wen things don't seem to get better I've had depression since April 5 diffrent meds later
  • Posted

Hi Samatha,

Afraid so they are all side effects and common in first few weeks,months everyone is different however do you feel better mentally aside from the effects of meds kicking in?? It takes time for serotonin levels to increase hang in there!

• Posted

I to am having these feelings of not being able to take information in and doubting myself and memory loss.I think all I need is a good night's sleep and all will be ok but wake up 50% of the time having to make a real effort mentally to get myself going.I to thought I had been wrongly diagnosed but I do think this was a major reason why I started feeling anxious. I was worrying about health issues and could not stop thinking I was going to die. I had numerous checks and all have come back fine.

But I keep telling myself it's the medication and all will work out in the long run. I am on week 8 now of taking 20 mg of CIT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.