Feeling constantly tired for nearly 3 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been feeling constantly tired since 2017. It feels as if I have low blood pressure, but every time I measure it it's pretty normal. I have brain fog, also my skin feels very warm to touch but I do not have a fever. I also yawn a lot. I feel constantly tired however some days I feel more tired, some days I feel less tired. I did 3 or 4 blood tests since these symptoms began and they all came back normal. The only thing that clears my symptoms of brain fog and fatigue for a few minutes is when I breathe into a paper bag, therefore rebreathing CO2 that I breathe out. Also, self massaging the spots behind my ears helps with clearing the brain fog a little bit. What could this be and do you have any suggestions as to what should I do? This problem is really restraining me as a person since I'm not able to concentrate and focus on certain stuff that I do and might be able to do even better if I didn't have this brain fog and fatigue.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

get iron tablets and vitamin d have you had a blood test ? get it checked out my neiece has this problem low blood pressure

• Posted

Yes I did have 3 or 4 blood tests since these symptoms began, last one I did was in April this year, they all came back normal, however they were all CBC tests, I will try to do another one this time for vitamin deficiencies. On the other hand, my red blood cell count was normal, so I don't think I have iron deficiency. I try to get as much sunlight as possible, but maybe it is indeed vitamin D deficiency, I will check it anyway, thank you.

• Posted

maybe try getting vitamin b12 and folate tested too. Do you take any medication?

• Posted

I do not take any medication. Also I forgot to mention that I have celiac disease and I only eat gluten free food.

• Posted

i have had similar symptoms for the past year and a half. most of the time i cant get out of bed and feel very weak and lightheaded. ive had blood tests also, and even though my thyroid hormone was slightly high last time i had my blood tested, the doctor said that shouldnt cause any symptoms. i also get yellow tinged skin on my hands when i feel unwell and my heart thumps really loudly when u stand up and walk about. i too have digestion issues that the doctor said was IBS. i have been referred for an MRI scan of my head but if nothing comes up, my neurologist has said it could be fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. hope you find out what is wrong.

• Posted

About the thumping heart when you stand up, I do have that symptom too, I forgot to mention that, also I feel lightheaded when that happens, my guess is it's probably low blood pressure, blood needs time to travel to your head and extremities, so that's why heart your heart pumps faster and therefore louder. When that happens I also feel my heartbeat in my head and ears. I also have tingling in my extremities, especially in my fingers and toes, again probably because of low blood pressure and poor circulation. I hope you find out what is wrong too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.