Feeling depressed.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been working on cutting down on drink and I thought it was going in the right direction. I've cut down to 3 days a week so far and noticed I'm not having as much when I do. OK I want it down to 1 day and struggle doing this. The other night I got a load of abusive texts calling me a vile alcoholic etc. I didn't respond and turned my phone off .They went on all night. I felt so sad I went out and got really drunk 😕

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The texts say more about the person sending them than they do about you DaisyJo. It is understandable that you were upset by them but block that person's number and, if they do fnd another way to be abusive to you, see it as THEIR problem, not yours.
  • Posted

Well done for cutting down to drinking only 3 days a week which seems great. Ignore idiots with the text etc..stupid. Keep going and feel proud of yourself. Give yrself a treat..film in the cinema or a good meal or whatever you fancy but very little booze if that the day drink albeit moderately...best of luck!    smile
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies. I will focus on the positives. I am better than I was

I can feel it myself and having got a bit of a grip on alcohol has increased my confidence a lot. I've got a way to go before I am where I want to be but I can see light at the end of the tunnel

• Posted

Well done for cutting down, you are going in the right direction.  Really admire your determination.  Dont beat yourself up trying to get to I day a week - it will come.  I dont know why you got abusive texts and who they were and why they should want to hurt you.  Yes good for you - turn that phone off.  I can understand you were sad and yes I also understand reaching for your friend - the alcohol.  Only he isnt a friend really.  Bet you had a stunner of a hangover!!  Stick with your determination - get rid of people who hurt you!
    • Posted

Thank you Pauline. This person knows a family member so not someone I really know. It was a strange random outburst as though she was just looking for someone to vent anger on. They were extremely odd as well as nasty. Strangely I think she has a drink problem herself. My actual friends have been brilliant and are really supportive
    • Posted

Really glad to hear that you have friends to support you.  Thats nice.  Would be good to hear how you getting on though.  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.