feeling depressed and anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just got the confirmation that I have contracted type 2 of the herpes complex, I am struggling with the symptoms and severe anxiety and depression about the whole thing. I am only 19 and I feel like my life is ruined, I don't know what to do and I'm really worried how much this will effect my life and if I will ever find someone who would accept this. 

Most of all I'm worried about university and my job as I currently have to walk to both and can't walk right now. I feel really disgusted with myself

If you have any words of wisdom please let me know, I am really struggling

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone in this website feels like that when we bearly find out. I was diagnosed last year and I am still trying to figure out why me? But anything can happened to us. But hav2 is common and a lot of people have this. We're not alone. I'll be here if you want to talk

• Posted

Don't feel disgusted 

I got diagnosed last month and as soon as I was told by the nurse I have HSV2 I burst into tears and couldn't stop crying. I then spoke to my friends about it which I believe is what made me feel much better. They didn't act disgusted, they were supportive and reassured me I could still find love.

I'm not saying go and discuss it with everyone, I don't know who you've told but I think you would feel better discussing it with a friend or family member you trust. 

• Posted

Agree with Takenc and Georgina77297. This virus is hard to accept at first but when you start to reveal the truth to yourself with what works and doesn't work for your body, you begin to understand how to cope. There will be love in life again and now you are on an entire new level of trust, with yourself and others.

This will be with us for the course of this life but we all learn from having this new little friend who we can't ignore, so we will learn how to accept it into our lives. And we will. This site is a great support

Stay true ?

• Posted

I felt exactly the same 2 years ago when I found out I kept it to myself for over a year then finally told a couple of close friends which made it alotmore bearable to deal with as they didn’t see it as a big deal. I’m with someone new and he accepts it which I never thought he would. I take anti vitals daily as my outbreaks were regular but since taking these I’ve been really lucky and haven’t had one in nearly 6 moths (touch wood) speak to your doctor to see what would be best for you. You’re not alone it’s only since getting hsv2 that I’ve realised how common it is. It will get easier and being on this group has made me realise this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.