Feeling depressed, been on sertraline over a year what's going on??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok it's me, I'm the one always able to offer advise over the last few months.

I've been on sertraline for over a year now!

Been doing well, haven't had a blip since April!

Today I started feeling down, got tears 😭 and had to go for a walk, feeling 60% better but still a little numb to be honest.

I should say I have been cutting down my meds for the last 2 months just cutting off a quarter of my 50mg tablet and taking the rest.

Somebody plz give me some advice , and reassure me it's a blip. I have had a terrible sleeping pattern too , for last 2 or 3 weeks.

Be nice to chat with you people who understand x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would think that if you were feeling good that you should stay where you are at.  You know what it is like when you are  not well.  I have been doing well since mid-November and have been told by my doctor that I should continue with this for a long time, unless something changes.  I would say stop decreasing and see if you feel better and get on a better sleeping pattern.
    • Posted

Really?

The reason I was trying to reduce is because I put on 2 stone since I started sertraline!

Also I've been on them for 1 year and 2 months , and have been feeling well for like 6 months 99%, so I thought that one you are on it and from when you start feeling better give it 6 months and come off very very slowly?

• Posted

Hello lattifa,

i have been looking at this forum and you are very active on here and very helpful. I am just starting my sertraline journey (8 weeks in) 4 weeks on 25mg and 4 weeks on 50mg and looking for encouragement as today hasnt been that greatrolleyes ive seen youve at least came out the other side for awhile and would love to hear about it

• Posted

i posted a discussion with my story on my profile if you would like to read it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.