Feeling Depressed more during the day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello...

I have a history of depression and these past years and just recently I have been facing difficult situation...

I have been trying to keep being strong and stay positive, but my mood is up and down... Feeling hopeless and desperate from time to time...

During the day I feel worst... easily to feel down... But during very late afternoon, when the sun is not that bright anymore, and especially early evening, I feel more positive and optimistic...

Any ideas on why and how to overcome this?

-Isabelle

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

I always feel happier when I draw the curtains in the evening. When the three of us are sitting around the fire

Because of my condition I always feel at a loss, as at this time I am unable to help my Wife with chores around the house.

In the morning, I need to take time to recover from my condition so I am unable to go out with my Wife and Pax as I need to pull myself around after sleep.

My afternoon can be better than the morning, although again I can suffer pain and so I get stuck, although I do go to the beach  and when I get home I need a long rest.

All I can suggest is look for activities that will divert your mood, go for a walk or do something you enjoy

Talk to your GP and He may have suggestions that may help you

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob

Thanks for responding

Do appreciate your advice...

I have my work at the office, but still some times it does not help that much.. The eerie feeling attacked during day time and no matter I try to divert my mind by focusing on my work, I was stuck to my melancholy and low self-esteem.

By the way... you mentioned about your need to recover from your current  health condition.. May I know what happened to you?

Isabelle

• Posted

Isabelle

I suffer Psoriatic Arthritis that effects my hands neck and shoulders I also have problem in my jaw. One problem I have is Sciatica in both legs/hips and my fingers and toes sometimes need operations to ease of tendons.

My Ankles are bad sometimes.

Most of my conditions affect the Spine and Tendon Shieves. All this causes Reactive Depression, as I suffer Chronic Pain. I have some massive flare ups that are very painful as the Sciatica can last for upwards of six months. I also suffer Gout that forms crystlls in my joints at least twice a year.

My house is a fully adapted cottage for my condition

BOB

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that Bob... I can imagine how painful that must be... and how that can bring depressive mood to you...

Luckily you still have your wife and Pax around you... I am glad to know you are surrounded by love and care.

I have been alone for too long. My parents and brother already passed away. And I just broke up with the only person I am close with. So it feels so empty...

I know I need to let him go and be patient... and still be grateful.. but the pain is still there. And this deep void inside is still felt almost like bottomless.

Back to you... it is nice you still can go to the beach... the soothing sound of its waves.. and the scent of the ocean..

When you are there, what accrosses your mind Bob?

• Posted

I go down to the River Tweed estuary and look at the race of the tides and decide how I would approach the river on my possible boat and how I would get out of the river and visit the places we will go to.

Give yourself time Isabelle, we can never push ourselves on if we cannot heal when we loose a Partner. I am blessed here I suppose.

If you need to talk iam here

BOB

• Posted

that sounds simply wonderful

i can imagine you and your wife in the boat overlooking the glittery water during day time

yes... you are so blessed. and so she is.

thanks Bob.. i am glad we have this chat. it makes me feeling better.

hopefully we can be penpal.

Isabelle

• Posted

I get this and I think what it is with me (which may not be the case for you) is=

Inthe day there is more pressure on your self to go out whether it's for shopping seeing family work or to take a child out for play, to a local park there is pressure , and if it builds up it can eat away at you U doubt your self become anxious don't want to go out so stay in, then you feel bad because it's beat U ?an u feel guilty then for not seeing those family members or taking small child out which makes you feel ten times worse , insted of grabbing the bull by the horns ??an go U find excuses not to go like the house is a mess or there's no where to go or they will Probly be out any way, ??an it's pressure but in the night time U don't usually go any where and there is less pressure to feel U have to go any where so u make decisions which are rational and on the spot, because there is no pressure with thoughts so you relax stay in a chill easier , that's how I feel im so trapped at the moment my life's hell with this I kind of understand it but don't get why im this way xx

• Posted

Hi Loo

Thanks for responding...

Yes, my case is different with yours...

May I say something about your case?

• Posted

Also I find I feel better when the weather is rubbish like really raining or a terrible day that you wouldn't go out in, that makes me feel better because I know I don't have to battle with my mind about staying in or going out because no one goes out in that, it's crazy I think I need help I put a post up hear but had no replys xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.