Feeling detached

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys !

a quick brief , i am 23 yrs old who suffers from anxiety since i can remember , i started taking ssri pills since i was 17 because i have Derealization 24/7 .

Usually im fine and everything is smooth but in the last couple of days i feel COMPLETLY detached , like im in a dream and im not sure if its just the Derealization is stronger or that i developed something else because this is what i fear the most !

And i havent driven my car for 2 days straight because i was very busy and when i entered my car to drive to work i started to get anxiety attacks cuz i felt like im not driving as i used to and that something has changed ... because of it i am now gradually raising my dose of SSRI from 100mg to 200mg and i hope it'll work ...

Im just scared that i developed something and its irreversible , even tho my Psychiatrist is always having a laugh with me and telling me that everything is fine with me and im not developing anything...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi!  I hope I can help you.  I suffer from severe OCD and anxiety for many years.   One of my newer symptoms 2 years ago was derealization.  It was so horrible I almost threw up (that's how freaked out I was).   It was so bad. 

My thoughts were focused on reality etc..  it scared the hell out of me 

The ONLY thing that helped me to fully get over it was to not be afraid of it.  Basically my therapist assured me it was from my anxiety and gradually over several days I felt better and I haven't had this in few years.   When I had the episode I think it was for about 2 weeks.  It was brutal.  All day I obsessed and was freaked out. 

But my point is I got over it.  I'm no longer really afraid of it and I believe that's what stopped it.  

• Posted

Well i suffer from Derealization since i was 17 and its 24/7 . The thing is that i had an anxiety attack 2 weeks ago and woke up very confused and stressed and since then i feel really detached and scared that i developed something else and its not the Derealization.

I also feel like i cant concentrate and having hard time expressing myself ... those things i really fear from ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.