feeling disappointed

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started Orlistat last tuesday, ive been really good in what ive been eating, watching the fat intake,, I have ryvita with a topping for breakfast and lunch, I have fruit during the day as a snack, and a salad for an evening meal.. but ive only lost 3lb..  I was hoping to of lost more in my first week. Kind of feeling deflated.. Where have I gone wrong.neutral

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You haven't gone wrong anywhere you have lost 3lb... i would say eat a bit more though do you eat meat/quorn/carbs? x

• Posted

Morning,, No I dont eat meat or quorn, I do have pasta and potatoes tho, I know this doesnt help my diet but Ive been a fussy eater since a baby.
    • Posted

Im wondering if the fact im type 2 diabetic is causing my slow weight loss.
    • Posted

You need a source of protein really, you can get it from legumes, if you eat mostly carbs they'll get stored as fat just because your body won't get through it. Eating lots of carbs can also make you store water weight because carbs break down into sugar.

I'd advise introducing more variety to your diet, it's surprising what you can get a taste for if you keep eating it, my enemy is cottage cheese but I have a little bit every now and again and now it's not too bad smile

• Posted

I would have a few more carbs and ome form of Protein because if you only eat that a day (above daily meals) your going to soon start feeling faint and looking ill. My mum is the same but she does eat cottage cheese. Have you tried beanfeast? what about soup?

Re type 2 i would ask your dr for a test have you had a thyroid check?

3lb loss is still a loss some people don't even lose that a month even with the tablets x

• Posted

3lbs is amazing!!! Average healthy weight loss is recommended as 1-2lb weekly and you've lost 3lb!you should be so please with yourself!! X
  • Posted

Id be happy with 3lbs. If you loose it too quick you are more likely have saggy skin.

are you able to do a bit of exercise? Even a little walking can help

• Posted

Congrats! 3lbs loss is brilliant! Losing weight isnt about quick results/losses, its about accomplishing what you set out to do, no matter how long it takes. Im sure for all of us there will be weeks where we dont lose weight, but you have to keep plugging away.... so dont get despondent. Pat on the back! Thats 3lb gone! biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.